inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Two Whines

Written By: Spaff.com on 04/05/07 at 11:56 pm

Hey, Chucky. Thanks for working your butt off for us ungrateful slobs. Just so that you're aware:

1) Often when I mouse-over links on Amiright (links, for example, to parodies on the latest comments screen), the links and hyperlinked words completely disappear and I can't get them back. I have to refresh the page and try again.

2) If I go to the comments page of a recording that has no comments yet, it says:

Maybe I'm to blame for this stuff. I use Safari. But FYI.

xoxox
Spaff

Subject: Re: Two Whines

Written By: Jack Wilson on 04/06/07 at 12:29 am

Thought I was the only one, though I dont use Safari 24/7.

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/06/07 at 7:28 am

Hey, Chucky. Thanks for working your butt off for us ungrateful slobs. Just so that you're aware:

1) Often when I mouse-over links on Amiright (links, for example, to parodies on the latest comments screen), the links and hyperlinked words completely disappear and I can't get them back. I have to refresh the page and try again.

2) If I go to the comments page of a recording that has no comments yet, it says:

Maybe I'm to blame for this stuff. I use Safari. But FYI.

xoxox
Spaff

I fixed number 2 last night before you posted this.  At least I thought I did.

#1 is a new one for me, and may be something caused by Safari.  Not sure if I can simulate that on a PC so I can see it. 

I removed all the fancy javascript effects stuff last night, and I just noticed that the latest comments page didn't have the javascript files removed yet.  Maybe that was part of the problem.  Otherwise, they're just plain old fashioned link tags.  No funny javascript or CSS, etc.

Written By: Cat on 04/14/07 at 8:59 am

Just for the record, I use Safari too. :) You aren't alone!

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/14/07 at 10:44 am

are you still having these problems? you never said one way or the other if you were

Written By: Spaff.com on 04/15/07 at 12:13 am

are you still having these problems? you never said one way or the other if you were

No, my irritable bowel is still, um...oh...you meant...

I checked back on the magic disappearing links as well as the error messages, and - woohoo! - everything's peachy keen now. Thanks for your followup, Chucky. You rule.

One more question: I got on a soapbox the other day and left a lengthy comment on a parody. I put in line and paragraph breaks, but they didn't take. Has the ability to use HTML commands (specifically <br>) been removed?

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/15/07 at 2:20 pm

No, my irritable bowel is still, um...oh...you meant...

I checked back on the magic disappearing links as well as the error messages, and - woohoo! - everything's peachy keen now. Thanks for your followup, Chucky. You rule.

One more question: I got on a soapbox the other day and left a lengthy comment on a parody. I put in line and paragraph breaks, but they didn't take. Has the ability to use HTML commands (specifically <br>) been removed?

xoxox
Spaff

yeah, the <BR> tags are gone at the moment.  On the plus side, you can leave comments on a parody multiple times in a shorter time frame now I think. 

I'll add the <BR> tag capacity back in there this week, since I think it's something people probably want.

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 04/16/07 at 8:42 am

I'll add the <BR> tag capacity back in there this week, since I think it's something people probably want.

yes - definitely "want" :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/16/07 at 10:52 am

yes - definitely "want" :)

try it, should be back now

Check for new replies or respond here...