inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lloyd A makes too many quizzes

Written By: brent on 04/22/07 at 2:16 pm

a couple of times a week i visit amiright.com so that i may enjoy taking a few quizzes on movies, music, tv, etc...  These are things that make me happy and i enjoy seeing that other people also take an interest in entertainment knowledge.  I consider all quizzes posted and even though i may not take all of the quizzes i definitely scroll through the entire lists to see the latest posts.  However, over the past few months i have become discouraged and annoyed by an unfathomable amount of quizzes posted by one Lloyd A.  These are not good quizzes.  There is no way that Lloyd contains all of this knowledge about all of these topics inside of his head. Thanks to Lloyd every quiz category is loaded with hundreds of quizzes and i do not have the time or patience to scroll through them all and find the ones that i would enjoy taking.  I am alos discouraged from creating my own quizzes because i dont think anyone will notice them in the huge list of sheeshty Lloyd quizzes.  Lloyd- stop making all of these quizzes and get a life buddy

Subject: Re: Lloyd A makes too many quizzes

Written By: Henk on 04/22/07 at 2:31 pm

1,175 quizzes (as of now) ....that does seem like a tad too much, compared to other authors. Personally, I prefer quality over quantity.
Maybe Chucky can set a limit to the number of quizzes you can submit on a daily/weekly basis..? :-\\  Just a suggestion.

Written By: whistledog on 04/23/07 at 6:55 pm

Everytime I come to the boards, and I see the latest quiz submission at the top, it's always a Lloyd A. quiz.  It's good that he likes to make quizzes and all, but in a way, it sort of makes the rest of us quiz makers look bad cause our quiz count is so much lower than his :-\\

I also prefer quality over quantity. 

Written By: Jack Wilson on 04/23/07 at 7:53 pm

So he;s the Malcolm Higgins of quizzes?

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/24/07 at 2:25 pm

Quizzes go up in the order in which they are submitted.  He rarely submits music quizzes, so if you submit one there early in the day, I'm sure it will appear near the top the next day.

As for too many quizzes, you have to be kidding me right?  If he wasn't submitting any, most days there wouldn't be any quizzes on the site at all.  I'd rather have new quizzes every day than to have none at all.

I also don't see there being a need for a person to actually know all the info they submit.  As long as it's correct.

Written By: brent on 04/24/07 at 6:32 pm

chuck, thanks for responding.  No, i'm not kidding you!!  The guys hit it right on the head when they said "quality over quantity."   Your are right...I cant complain if i dont submit any quizzes myself and i can see how you can appreciate Lloyds posts.  Therefore, i will make a quiz right after this post!  If Lloyd is indeed the only daily contributor, though, then i must stand by my belief that Lloyds extensive and frequent quiz additions may likely shy others away from creating their own quizzes.  These sites are about community and sharing/learning about entertainment, not about dominating quiz boards.  I just want everybody to be able to enjoy the site as i have.  This site is a great reward for all of my years of taking interest in useless cultural entertainment.  Another good site i recently found is www.digitaldreamdoor.com

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 04/24/07 at 7:09 pm

Well, I agree than he should be able to make as many as he wants, how about making the titles a bit smaller. I don't like scrolling across the page --->  ::)

Written By: skittlesking on 04/25/07 at 8:48 pm

a couple of times a week i visit amiright.com so that i may enjoy taking a few quizzes on movies, music, tv, etc...  These are things that make me happy and i enjoy seeing that other people also take an interest in entertainment knowledge.  I consider all quizzes posted and even though i may not take all of the quizzes i definitely scroll through the entire lists to see the latest posts.  However, over the past few months i have become discouraged and annoyed by an unfathomable amount of quizzes posted by one Lloyd A.  These are not good quizzes.  There is no way that Lloyd contains all of this knowledge about all of these topics inside of his head. Thanks to Lloyd every quiz category is loaded with hundreds of quizzes and i do not have the time or patience to scroll through them all and find the ones that i would enjoy taking.  I am alos discouraged from creating my own quizzes because i dont think anyone will notice them in the huge list of sheeshty Lloyd quizzes.  Lloyd- stop making all of these quizzes and get a life buddy

I won't make a generalized statement as I've only read one by him and it was a Weird Al song quiz that was incorrect (it named five parody songs and asked for their original artist (as in the artist of the song parodied)) The problem was. . .only ONE of the songs on the list was actually by Weird Al, the others including "Barney's on Fire", were not by Weird Al. . .I don't have a problem with too many quizzes, but I do think people making them should be cautious enough to make sure their parodies are accurate.

Check for new replies or respond here...