inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cannot connect to Am I Right

Written By: lpg_unit on 06/06/07 at 9:11 pm

I tried to log on to Am I Right recently, but the connection attempt timed out. I performed a diagnostic check at Host-Tracker.com but the results show that only the Singapore ISP connected successfully. What seems to be the problem?

Subject: Re: Cannot connect to Am I Right

Written By: Red Ant on 06/06/07 at 9:14 pm

I've had the same problems the last few hours as well: ~7-10pm EST, I haven't been able to get on Amiright.

Written By: lpg_unit on 06/06/07 at 9:16 pm

Which means most of the long time veterans of Amiright won't be able to publish their songs today...ouch! Could somebody fix this?

Written By: nally on 06/06/07 at 11:50 pm

I can't get there either. :-\\ In fact, I couldn't access inthe70s, inthe80s, or inthe90s either. However, I can access AmIWrong.

Written By: lpg_unit on 06/07/07 at 1:58 am

Please Chucky, please, fix this now...

Written By: skittlesking on 06/07/07 at 2:20 am

I tried to log on to Am I Right recently, but the connection attempt timed out. I performed a diagnostic check at Host-Tracker.com but the results show that only the Singapore ISP connected successfully. What seems to be the problem?

It's down for everyone and has been since approx 5pm, I am curious though that all those other sites (70/80/90s) went down too. . .I was thinking "Server Updates" but there may have been a crash. . .I just hope that this doesn't make Chucky's life too busy tomorrow. . .

Written By: philbo on 06/07/07 at 7:43 am

I can't even get an IP address for amiright (neither can dnsstuff.com, so it's not my ISP's DNS servers, which would be my usual suspect), which suggests something's gone wrong with the hosting...

:(

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/07/07 at 10:40 am

I just made an announcement on the main board, turns out the server got hacked.    I have two servers, the one amiwrong and inthe00s is on was hacked last time.

really ticks me off.  I paid extra to have the security updated two months ago, which is what causes all the 403 errors and other nonsense, and yet the stupid thing still gets taken out.  They claim the hacker probably infected the server before it was upgraded, but how likely is it that someone hacked the server and left it alone for two months?  not very...

needless to say I'm going to try moving the sites this month.  enough of this crap...

Written By: Jason on 06/07/07 at 11:49 am

I have discovered this as well.

I am so bloody annoyed I cannot connect to one of my favourite websites. I submitted a brand new parody and I can't even get to read it! I know its not your fault ChuckyG but do you have an idea when it will be back online again?

Also have you tried tracking the IP addresses of the hackers? Isn't it a criminal offence to illegally hack the server without valid reason?

Jason.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/07/07 at 3:37 pm

I was wondering what was wrong when I seen the directory.

Written By: Dee Range on 06/07/07 at 4:15 pm

I just made an announcement on the main board, turns out the server got hacked.    I have two servers, the one amiwrong and inthe00s is on was hacked last time.

really ticks me off.  I paid extra to have the security updated two months ago, which is what causes all the 403 errors and other nonsense, and yet the stupid thing still gets taken out.  They claim the hacker probably infected the server before it was upgraded, but how likely is it that someone hacked the server and left it alone for two months?  not very...

needless to say I'm going to try moving the sites this month.  enough of this crap...

Hope you find a secure server, man.

The good news is, Paris Hilton got out of jail early....surprise, surprise....and I have a brand new parody about it...ready when you are, Chucky :D

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/07/07 at 5:25 pm

if you submitted a parody after Tuesday, it may or may not be on the site.  So you may need to resubmit

Written By: lpg_unit on 06/07/07 at 5:52 pm

My friends at the GTA Place, a Grand Theft Auto society, may have some stuff that they use in making the servers hacker-safe. I dunno but you should have put a better security arsenal here and there...

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/07/07 at 8:29 pm

My friends at the GTA Place, a Grand Theft Auto society, may have some stuff that they use in making the servers hacker-safe. I dunno but you should have put a better security arsenal here and there...

I paid them a few hundred dollars just last month to do that for me.  Clearly they didn't.  I'm also paying them to monitor the uptime and restart the server if it craps out.  I've already needed to have it rebooted after hours of outage a couple times already.

trust me... I did everything I should have, and they've been letting me down.  Looks like it's still not working right, I think it's crashed again.  Time to find a new company.

Written By: nally on 06/07/07 at 8:30 pm

I just made an announcement on the main board, turns out the server got hacked. 

I suspected that might've been the case, cuz when I tried clicking on amiright last night, it redirected me to a "400 Error- Bad Request" page. ::)

I have two servers, the one amiwrong and inthe00s is on was hacked last time.

yes, i remember that from February ::)

Written By: Step-chan on 06/07/07 at 10:39 pm

I suspected that might've been the case, cuz when I tried clicking on amiright last night, it redirected me to a "400 Error- Bad Request" page. ::)

I seen a picture of Micheal Jackson when I logged in last night(I couldn't do anything at first, then I tried again later)....

Was that cause by a hacker?

Written By: nally on 06/07/07 at 10:40 pm

I seen a picture of Micheal Jackson when I logged in last night(I couldn't do anything at first, then I tried again later)....

Was that the cause of a hacker?

::)

Could've been. A Michael Jackson picture? What was he doing there?

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/07/07 at 10:46 pm

Was that cause by a hacker?

news to me, I didn't see that.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/07/07 at 11:25 pm

::)

Could've been. A Michael Jackson picture? What was he doing there?

I seen that when I logged in and I thought "Huh?", so I retyped the URL in and logged in without a problem, this is the second time it's happened to me.....

The other time was alittle while back.

news to me, I didn't see that.

It's really hard to explain it...

I think it had a caption in the picture too.

Just really weird, I couldn't access the boards at the moment and had retype the URL in and try again.

Written By: nally on 06/07/07 at 11:28 pm

I seen that when I logged in and I thought "Huh?", so I retyped the URL in and logged in without a problem, this is the second time it's happened to me.....

Which URL did you type in, amiright.com or inthe00s.com?

Written By: Step-chan on 06/07/07 at 11:29 pm

Which URL did you type in, amiright.com or inthe00s.com?

I think it was inthe00s.com

Written By: nally on 06/07/07 at 11:33 pm

^ Well, there have been a few times when I've logged in with my username and password, and sometimes your avatar appears by itself in the top left corner of my browser window. :o  I dunno what causes that, but it sure is strange.

Getting back on topic, I just tried clicking on amiright.com again, and it appears to be corrupt again. :-\\

Written By: Step-chan on 06/07/07 at 11:38 pm

^ Well, there have been a few times when I've logged in with my username and password, and sometimes your avatar appears by itself in the top left corner of my browser window. :o  I dunno what causes that, but it sure is strange.

Getting back on topic, I just tried clicking on amiright.com again, and it appears to be corrupt again. :-\\

That happened to me a couple of times at least.

Both times when the MJ pic popped up on me was after clicking the login button.

Written By: lpg_unit on 06/08/07 at 1:28 am

The Jackson pic didn't happened in my case; the connection attempt to the site timed out instead, although I could connect to the site sometimes.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/07 at 8:35 am

Appears to be down again.  Looks like the new server is even worse than the old one.

I've put in an order at a new hosting company, hopefully I can get the sites back online tomorrow.  I have to wait until the new server is online in order to move it to the new one. 

Written By: nally on 06/08/07 at 11:35 am

That happened to me a couple of times at least.

Both times when the MJ pic popped up on me was after clicking the login button.

That's totally bizarre. I don't understand why an MJ pic would show up immediately after logging in. ::)

Written By: Michael Pacholek on 06/08/07 at 1:18 pm

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I want my AmIRight back!

And I had a good Anaheim Ducks/Stanley Cup parody ready to go, too!

Maybe it's the ghost of Edmund Fitzgerald hacking in, trying to get revenge for all those cheesy parodies!

Written By: MasonR on 06/08/07 at 1:23 pm

Yikes! I post my first parody in a couple of months and within hours the site goes down. Sorry ChuckyG, it wasn't my fault! Really!

Seriously, I know how frustrating this kind of thing can be...hang in there!

Written By: Step-chan on 06/08/07 at 2:57 pm

That's totally bizarre. I don't understand why an MJ pic would show up immediately after logging in. ::)

At least that's only happened twice so far.

I can't figure it out either.

Written By: nally on 06/08/07 at 4:05 pm

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I want my AmIRight back!

And I had a good Anaheim Ducks/Stanley Cup parody ready to go, too!

Maybe it's the ghost of Edmund Fitzgerald hacking in, trying to get revenge for all those cheesy parodies!

When you finally get that one submitted, maybe I'll check it out. I was cheering for the Ducks, given that I'm a Southern California native. :)

Written By: skittlesking on 06/08/07 at 4:31 pm

When you finally get that one submitted, maybe I'll check it out. I was cheering for the Ducks, given that I'm a Southern California native. :)

I was cheering for the Ducks, because they beat the Redwings. . .and because seeing Ducks win something is cute.

Written By: nally on 06/08/07 at 4:40 pm

I was cheering for the Ducks, because they beat the Redwings. . .and because seeing Ducks win something is cute.

That's nice. :)

They were in the Stanley Cup finals in 2003, as I recall, but they lost to New Jersey. :-\\

Written By: Jason on 06/08/07 at 4:59 pm

I bet when AmIRight does eventually come back online, there will be a massive torrent of TSB parodies since he normally submits two or three parodies almost each and every day!

Jason.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/07 at 5:23 pm

did they do the flying v?

Written By: skittlesking on 06/08/07 at 9:16 pm

Site is back up. . .but. . .submit a parody security image is broken.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/07 at 9:38 pm

Site is back up. . .but. . .submit a parody security image is broken.

don't submit anything to the site.  That is the old server, I just got word the new one is ready and I'm going to begin moving everything to it.

Written By: lpg_unit on 06/08/07 at 10:11 pm

OK, I'll wait until Monday and see if it's all up...

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/07 at 10:13 pm

OK, I'll wait until Monday and see if it's all up...

I'll have a big message on the front page when everything is fully up and configured.

Written By: skittlesking on 06/08/07 at 10:28 pm

don't submit anything to the site.  That is the old server, I just got word the new one is ready and I'm going to begin moving everything to it.

Will do. . .

Good luck Chucky

Check for new replies or respond here...