inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: quizzes

Written By: bwnorx on 06/21/07 at 4:29 pm

Lloyd A makes way too many quizzes.  I am greatly discouraged from participating in the quizzes.  Sorry if this sounds prejudiced or inconsiderate/shallow. but i really dont think that someone who creates thousands (yes, literally) of quizzes on pointless info and data belongs in a creative and interesting web community such as amiright.  Chucky...i know we've been over this before, but you cannot tell me that you are proud to host the quizzes of Lloyd A.  I wish someone would count how many quizzes Lloyd has created and then tallied the number of people who have actually taken the quizzes.  I'm sure it averages out to about less than 3 people per quiz.  God damn, Lloyd.  Get a life.  Sorry, just how i fell :-/

Subject: Re: quizzes

Written By: whistledog on 06/21/07 at 4:52 pm

Sorry if this sounds prejudiced or inconsiderate/shallow

That's exactly what it sounds like.  Who are you to decide that someone shouldn't make so many quizzes?  What if someone had told Lennon and McCartney to stop writing so many songs?

Sorry, just how i fell :-/

and how did you fall?

Written By: bwnorx on 06/23/07 at 1:31 pm

Oh c'mon, WD.  Damn, i thought that i had corrected the "fell" mistake before i posted that.  Anyway, that is indeed how i FEEL!  Why all the quote citings?  I do not hold "prejudiced or inconsiderate/shallow" viewpoints, so i apologize (again...) for even attempting to show my empathy and awareness of the face of my post.  I wonder what words you would have used to describe my message had i not written them for you...  You obviously object to my message (and character, perhaps) but is that because of it's use of language or because you actually like or appreciate Lloyds endless additions to quizlists???  I cannot fathom the latter being the case.  Since Lloyd's additions began several months ago, i have noticed a significant drop in other users' additions to all quiz categories.  Anyone willing could analyze Lloyd's impact on the quiz community activity.  What bothers me most about it is that these quizzes contain so much repetitive and factual material/data that it is obvious that the questions and answers have been created through referencing.  I believe that the purpose of these interactive quizzes are for users to match their knowledge of subjects of interest to other users'.  It is a very enjoying experience to create a quiz and over time watch as other people partake in and (hopefully) enjoy one's own creation.  Who appreciates these quizzes?  I dont even think Lloyd A appreciates them, nor would he anyone else's work.  Lloyd's quiz count is lucrative and their subject matters are of little interest to most of the community .  Does anyone else share my opinion or care?  If not i will probably leave my post as is and stick to my routine of checking quizzes every few days only to see a whole bunch of Lloyd A.  Wonder how old he is?  Behind a desk in an office?  Senile?

Written By: bwnorx on 06/23/07 at 1:46 pm

What if someone had told Lennon and McCartney to stop writing so many songs?

That is a very poor and innapropriate analogy.  I cant believe you dropped that, actually.  The fab 4 were doing  special and unique things for music, fans and themselves.  Lloyd A is not.  Not even a little bit.  I dont know if your a Beatles fan or not or what you would consider qualifying as a "fan" of anything, but you probably shouldnt say something that lame about something so great, regardless of your fanship.  That reminds me of something very special i recently heard which i will make aware to people via the messageboard.  You probably already know about it though, you Beatlemaniac you. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/23/07 at 2:01 pm

That is a very poor and innapropriate analogy.  I cant believe you dropped that, actually.  The fab 4 were doing  special and unique things for music, fans and themselves.  Lloyd A is not.  Not even a little bit.  I dont know if your a Beatles fan or not or what you would consider qualifying as a "fan" of anything, but you probably shouldnt say something that lame about something so great, regardless of your fanship.  That reminds me of something very special i recently heard which i will make aware to people via the messageboard.  You probably already know about it though, you Beatlemaniac you. 
At the time of when Lennon and McCartney were in The Beatles, they were just writing the song and performing. They were not unique to much later when the pop industry had realised what was achieved by them.

Written By: bwnorx on 06/23/07 at 2:10 pm

Yeah.  Neither was Frampton, ha

Written By: whistledog on 06/23/07 at 5:44 pm

Oh c'mon, WD.  Damn, i thought that i had corrected the "fell" mistake before i posted that.  Anyway, that is indeed how i FEEL!  Why all the quote citings?  I do not hold "prejudiced or inconsiderate/shallow" viewpoints, so i apologize (again...) for even attempting to show my empathy and awareness of the face of my post.  I wonder what words you would have used to describe my message had i not written them for you...  You obviously object to my message (and character, perhaps) but is that because of it's use of language or because you actually like or appreciate Lloyds endless additions to quizlists???  I cannot fathom the latter being the case.  Since Lloyd's additions began several months ago, i have noticed a significant drop in other users' additions to all quiz categories.  Anyone willing could analyze Lloyd's impact on the quiz community activity.  What bothers me most about it is that these quizzes contain so much repetitive and factual material/data that it is obvious that the questions and answers have been created through referencing.  I believe that the purpose of these interactive quizzes are for users to match their knowledge of subjects of interest to other users'.  It is a very enjoying experience to create a quiz and over time watch as other people partake in and (hopefully) enjoy one's own creation.  Who appreciates these quizzes?  I dont even think Lloyd A appreciates them, nor would he anyone else's work.  Lloyd's quiz count is lucrative and their subject matters are of little interest to most of the community .  Does anyone else share my opinion or care?  If not i will probably leave my post as is and stick to my routine of checking quizzes every few days only to see a whole bunch of Lloyd A.  Wonder how old he is?  Behind a desk in an office?  Senile?

Wow!  I've never seen so much hot air come from someone with such little posts.  Why do you care if Lloyd A. starts so many quizzes?  Do these quizzes prevent you from functioning in life? 

You are obviously only here to try and stir up trouble, so the one in need of a life here appears to be you.  Sorry.  Good day to you madam!

Written By: bwnorx on 06/23/07 at 8:41 pm

its not hot air, and how do you know if i post comments or not?  i guess there are profiles or something and you can see all of my activity.  neat..  i rarely do post comments, doesnt mean that i'm not part of the community.  i am not obviously here to start trouble, because that is NOT why i am here.  i do need a life though, you judged correctly. no need for you to apologize. 23 yr old recent college athlete graduate.  Life does suck.  not a madamm....good one.  doesnt seem like too many others are as concerned about Lloyd as i, so i'll probably give it a rest. Out.

Written By: whistledog on 06/23/07 at 9:18 pm

its not hot air, and how do you know if i post comments or not?  i guess there are profiles or something and you can see all of my activity.  neat..  i rarely do post comments, doesnt mean that i'm not part of the community.  i am not obviously here to start trouble, because that is NOT why i am here.  i do need a life though, you judged correctly. no need for you to apologize. 23 yr old recent college athlete graduate.  Life does suck.  not a madamm....good one.  doesnt seem like too many others are as concerned about Lloyd as i, so i'll probably give it a rest. Out.

It just seems weird that you would join here to start a topic to gripe about someone who hasn't really done anything to break any rules.  Maybe there is more to this than you are telling us ... 

Perhaps a hint of jealousy maybe?  Lloyd A. has 1800 quizzes.  How many do you have? :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/24/07 at 12:49 am

Yeah.  Neither was Frampton, ha
Peter Frampton?

Written By: bwnorx on 06/24/07 at 12:15 pm

Peter Frampton?

Yeah, he starred in their "Sgt Pepper" movie along with the Bee Gees shortly after 'Frampton Comes Alive.'  If this sounds surprisingly unfamiliar, its because the film was such a flop that everyone involved went to great lengths to cover up the fact that it was ever even made.  Check it out, its quite funny:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0078239/

Written By: bwnorx on 06/24/07 at 2:21 pm

How many do you have? :P

Good point, time to make some quizzes

Check for new replies or respond here...