inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Get rid of the Worchester, MA thing

Written By: whocaresaboutit on 07/05/07 at 3:56 am

It's useless. Why not do a huge ad for Grants Pass, Oregon or Deerfield Beach, Florida. They are about as revelant to Amiright as Worchester....

Subject: Re: Get rid of the Worchester, MA thing

Written By: karen on 07/05/07 at 4:13 am

Worcester Mass is relevant to AmIRight because it's were the owner of AmIRight lives  ::)

Written By: GhettoJohn2k7 on 07/05/07 at 4:59 am

well spoken karen, dont forget to mention the other website owned by chuck worchestermass.com so therefore i dont believe he is absolutely advertising for the city and state, he is advertising his website as well.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/05/07 at 6:31 am

It's useless. Why not do a huge ad for Grants Pass, Oregon or Deerfield Beach, Florida. They are about as revelant to Amiright as Worchester....

as others point out, it's my site.  It's hard to get traffic for a local oriented site, so I advertise it everywhere I can in the hopes of building a little.  Either way it's an ad.  If it wasn't there, something equally pointless (and more ugly no doubt) would be there instead.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/05/07 at 2:52 pm

Why should you careaboutit anyway.  You can't be bothered to register and become a regular.  You're a guest in the house so use your manners or don't let the door hit you, where the good lord sits you, on the way out.

Written By: spaceace on 07/05/07 at 3:29 pm

I've been up to Worchester (my brother used to live there)  I liked it.  Besides do we really care what whocaresaboutit says?  Personally I think whocareaboutit is a big coward.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/05/07 at 4:46 pm

I've been up to Worchester (my brother used to live there)  I liked it.  Besides do we really care what whocaresaboutit says?  Personally I think whocareaboutit is a big coward.

what's amazing is that even when it's spelled out correctly in front of them, people still type it in with an H in there...

Written By: karen on 07/06/07 at 4:26 am

what's amazing is that even when it's spelled out correctly in front of them, people still type it in with an H in there...

I'm curious now as to how it is pronounced in the US.  Is it the same as the original - wooster?

Written By: danootaandme on 07/06/07 at 4:42 am

I'm curious now as to how it is pronounced in the US.  Is it the same as the original - wooster?

yes. and the "oo" rhymes with the "oo" in wood.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/06/07 at 6:45 am

and I meant that for the original poster... not for you, especially since it's not spelled right here... (sorry)!

Written By: Michael Pacholek on 07/13/07 at 2:34 pm

Leave it alone.  Anybody who doesn't like the Worcester link being there can start his own damn website with his own hometown mentioned.

After all, the final scene of The Sopranos was filmed at Holtsen's, an ice cream parlor I've been to a few times in my old home town of Bloomfield, New Jersey, but you don't see me making a federal, or even municipal, case about it! Chuck has the right to, or not to, as he sees fit.

I have no objection to Worcester being mentioned on a site I visit just about every day.  The only thing I don't like about it is that it's full of Red Sox fans.  Which is not a sin.  A flaw, maybe...

Written By: Bernard Pacholek on 07/13/07 at 3:05 pm

Frankly, I was fine with it the way it was! But then, what do I know? I'm just the evil twin! Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Written By: Max Power on 07/14/07 at 2:17 pm

For Idiot-Finder, you're an easy find.

Written By: Dylan Baranski on 09/12/07 at 4:50 pm

Mike & Bernard, you two have accounts on this board? I guess that makes 3 known Polish-Americans on this board (as far as I know).

I think it's cool that this site is based in Worcester, because it's not too far from me.

Written By: bwnorx on 09/23/07 at 10:32 pm

i'm surprised anyone cares enough about that enough to post a complaint.  does it really bother you?  i've checked it out before, but never really though much about it.  I think as long as chucky is maintaning this site and doing us all a favor, he can put whatever he wants up, even if it is irrelevant to many people.  However, i'll tell you what chucky G should do:  delete or ban the account owned by Lloyd A.  Lloyd A is the guy who makes endless additions to trivia quizzes.  These are the worst quizzes ever and nobody gives a sheesh about them.  Thats a fact.  Go ahead and look at how many people have taken his quizzes.  Lloyd A permanantly discouraged the community from taking or creating quizzes.  I vote for "in" with the central massachusettes(sp?) thing, and "out" for Lloyd A.

Check for new replies or respond here...