inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Return of the discontinued sections

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/18/07 at 10:26 am

Stupid Band Names is back in operation.

New Band Names is also back

Gross Song Lyrics and Dumbest Song Lyrics? Not sure, unless someone wants to write better descriptions for the submissions, and maybe review the new entries too...

Subject: Re: Return of the discontinued sections

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/18/07 at 3:48 pm

The questions/Answers thing... I didn't get many good suggestions for answers, and the questions provided were less than stellar too.    Maybe I should leave them open ended instead?  Just delete the bad crap as it shows up?

I was also thinking along those veins of a "Complete this sentence" section.  Someone would propose a sentence fragment, and people would need to fill in the rest.  For example:  "The worst thing about rap music is (blank) (blank)."  and then limit it to a certain amount of words or something.

I'd love to bring back the captions too, but unless someone can find a source of pictures of music related stuff that is slightly humorous, I can't easily bring that one back.

Written By: nally on 07/24/07 at 9:43 pm

Stupid Band Names is back in operation.

New Band Names is also back

Oh good... since 2001 I thought of some band names that I personally think are stupid in one way or another...

Gross Song Lyrics and Dumbest Song Lyrics? Not sure, unless someone wants to write better descriptions for the submissions, and maybe review the new entries too...

I remember that you had discontinued Gross Lyrics because some of the disgusting submissions. :P I'm not too interested with those

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/24/07 at 9:54 pm

Oh good... since 2001 I thought of some band names that I personally think are stupid in one way or another...

I remember that you had discontinued Gross Lyrics because some of the disgusting submissions. :P I'm not too interested with those

I'm thinking of something to replace it, like "Upbeat Songs About Sad Subjects"

Written By: nally on 07/24/07 at 9:56 pm

yes, that might be a more polite way to put it

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/24/07 at 10:28 pm

yes, that might be a more polite way to put it

well, it gets away from gross, which is just way too open to interpretation by the individual.  It would be hard to argue that Timothy by the Buoys wasn't about a macabre subject for instance.

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/01/07 at 10:11 pm

I would like that one to be resurrected because I found a song by Procol Harum called 'Piggy Pig Pig' and the line that says 'The streets awash with blood and pus' and the reason why It's gross because why would you want to clean a street with blood and pus? That will make it dirtier.

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/04/07 at 9:48 am

Is that too similar to "Depressing Lyrics" on the lower end of the Lyrics pages?  ???

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/04/07 at 12:36 pm

Is that too similar to "Depressing Lyrics" on the lower end of the Lyrics pages?  ???

I believe that message was written before I started that section, so they're kind of one and the same.

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/04/07 at 2:29 pm

I believe that message was written before I started that section, so they're kind of one and the same.

http://www.staytunedin.com/images%20NEW/Smack.gif

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/04/07 at 3:25 pm

http://www.staytunedin.com/images%20NEW/Smack.gif

not your fault.... it's an old thread that got bumped, so if you don't pay attention to the dates, it's easy to get confused.  Plus gross lyrics didn't go away, just the ability to suggest new ones.

I have a list of a few more ideas I plan on creating some more sections soon.

Written By: nally on 10/05/07 at 1:25 pm

Yet, on the bottom of the "Names" index page (http://www.amiright.com/names/), it still says that "Stupid Band names" and "New Band names" are discontinued....which is no longer true. :-\\

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/05/07 at 2:48 pm

Yet, on the bottom of the "Names" index page (http://www.amiright.com/names/), it still says that "Stupid Band names" and "New Band names" are discontinued....which is no longer true. :-\\

The index pages are sadly all way behind, missing a lot of the new sections especially in the music trivia area.

I really ought to make it more of a priority.

Check for new replies or respond here...