inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Another new section idea which might not be possible?

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/18/07 at 4:01 pm

Turns out the space thing has some really clever ideas, so that one wasn't impossible.  So here's another one I'm not sure about...

How about shuffling just the first letters of a name or song title?

Subject: Re: Another new section idea which might not be possible?

Written By: philbo on 07/19/07 at 11:04 am

My first thought was "By Mother" ("My Brother"... but missing an "r")

Encouraging gambling with "Bet it, Lee"... hold on a sec, that needs an extra "e".  These are harder than they look..

If you made it spooneristic (i.e. first syllables rather than just letters) you could end up trying to "Wed your Springs"

Rohemian Bapsody?
Bingle-Rell Jock?
Caradise Pity?
Mindmills of your Wind - hey, I like that one :)

PS I agree about the really clever ideas in the space one.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/19/07 at 11:37 am

Encouraging gambling with "Bet it, Lee"... hold on a sec, that needs an extra "e".  These are harder than they look..

If you made it spooneristic (i.e. first syllables rather than just letters) you could end up trying to "Wed your Springs"

Rohemian Bapsody?
Bingle-Rell Jock?
Caradise Pity?

I checked the definition for spoonerisms, and by definition it's letter or syllables.  So I guess this would just be a very limited form of a spoonerism.  No idea why I never started a page for those yet, I guess I should just do it. 

I've got some other sections going up today. Band Name Alliteration, Accidental Acrostics in band names, and I'll do a spoonerisms page too.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/19/07 at 1:35 pm

Rohemian Bapsody?
Bingle-Rell Jock?
Caradise Pity?

when trying to come up with the first one for the new spoonerisms section, I came up with one that was just letters...

http://www.amiright.com/names/spoonerisms/

Check for new replies or respond here...