inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Link to amIright - new feature on parodies, soon the rest of the site

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/23/07 at 4:22 pm

In order to help encourage people to link to amIright, I've placed a small section at the end of each parody with the url of the page, and a link to examples of how to link to amIright.  I'm going to add a black version of the site logo too.

If you have any suggestions about sizes, or button type images, etc. you might like to see examples of, let me know.

Subject: Re: Link to amIright - new feature on parodies, soon the rest of the site

Written By: philbo on 08/24/07 at 5:17 am

I spotted that yesterday and wondered for how long I'd been overlooking it :)

Seems to be fairly common to a lot of sites these days, simple ways to add links from external sites.

Subject: Re: Link to amIright - new feature on parodies, soon the rest of the site

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/24/07 at 8:47 am

I spotted that yesterday and wondered for how long I'd been overlooking it :)

Seems to be fairly common to a lot of sites these days, simple ways to add links from external sites.

Well with the rise of myspace and other places people share stuff, I thought it would be useful.  I have something similar on amIwrong on all the quizzes, but not sure anyone even links to that site currently. 

Written By: adagio on 09/08/07 at 8:23 pm

I'm glad that I spotted this thread.

Written By: philbo on 09/09/07 at 4:26 am

Just had a thought - what about an "Embed" concept, like youtube & the others?  Something that would return the page content (ideally including votes/comments) in a frame or similar object, but would still allow feedback - to provide an alternative for people who would otherwise just copy&paste lyrics.

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/09/07 at 7:48 am

Just had a thought - what about an "Embed" concept, like youtube & the others?  Something that would return the page content (ideally including votes/comments) in a frame or similar object, but would still allow feedback - to provide an alternative for people who would otherwise just copy&paste lyrics.

yeah, I could probably do something like that.  I'll have to research how you do it with text, or how to make something in flash to emulate that.

Check for new replies or respond here...