inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Editors, please be on the lookout for a growing flame war

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/27/07 at 2:35 pm

Note the parodies written by TullyGirl and zPolak, or where they make comments in OTHER PEOPLE's parodies...zPolak is engaging in hurtful commentary wherever TullyGirl happens to write.  >:(

Subject: Re: Editors, please be on the lookout for a growing flame war

Written By: Red Ant on 09/27/07 at 5:50 pm

Note the parodies written by TullyGirl and zPolak, or where they make comments in OTHER PEOPLE's parodies...zPolak is engaging in hurtful commentary wherever TullyGirl happens to write.  >:(

I've seen and removed a few comments already. Odd to see someone flame themself...

Ant

Written By: Jason on 09/27/07 at 7:36 pm

Ive noticed zPolak commenting here as well on Tommy Turtle's latest parody:

http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/glencampbell29.shtml

Here he is calling everyone 'ifdiots' sic]

Jason.

Written By: lpg_unit on 09/28/07 at 8:23 pm

I also had that problem before, when I made a John Legend parody... Some selfish clown named Kimberly threw insulting comments at me, so I reported her. Maybe if ChuckyG tracks down IP addesses used by trolls and flamers, and blocks them, then that would be better...

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/28/07 at 9:13 pm

I also had that problem before, when I made a John Legend parody... Some selfish clown named Kimberly threw insulting comments at me, so I reported her. Maybe if ChuckyG tracks down IP addesses used by trolls and flamers, and blocks them, then that would be better...

IPs are a temporary solution at best, and easily circumvented usually.  Better to just keep reporting them until they figure out that they're a pest.

Written By: lpg_unit on 09/29/07 at 3:28 am

IPs are a temporary solution at best, and easily circumvented usually.  Better to just keep reporting them until they figure out that they're a pest.

Yeah, you're right...

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 10/05/07 at 11:02 pm

Ive noticed zPolak commenting here as well on Tommy Turtle's latest parody:

http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/glencampbell29.shtml

Here he is calling everyone 'ifdiots' sic]

Jason.

Jason, thanks. I paid no mind to zPolak's comment. zP obviously has no idea who Kristof Robertson is, hasn't read any of Kristof's works, and so doesn't understand why Kristof so richly deserved a tribute. Also think that zP didn't "get" the technique of the parody -- that it was a collection of titles, phrases, and paraphrases from Kristof's songs, arranged into a new rhymed and paced parody, with each of the underlined phrases being hyperlinked to the corresponding KR song. To someone who doesn't "get" that, the tribute lyrics probably would look a little strange.

There also doesn't seem to be any evidence that zP is 1/100th the writer that Kristof is. Comments from sources like that are meaningless to me. Thanks again, Jason.

Check for new replies or respond here...