inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bringing back the photo captions

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/05/07 at 11:13 am

If I'm not mistaken, according to the terms of service at FlickR, if people select a Creative Commons license and flag their photos as "free to share/remix" with attribution, we'd be perfectly legal in saving the picture on the amiright server for the caption contests, so long as we put the photographer's name(s) on it (and probably link to the FlickR page).

so I think I'll write something to allow people to suggest FlickR pictures to use so long as they are flagged properly.

Subject: Re: Bringing back the photo captions

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/05/07 at 11:44 am

nevermind... a closer look shows a large lack of decent celebrity type pictures that would be suitable for caption contests on flickr. 

If I didn't have (need) ads on the site, I could probably ignore the whole legality issue entirely.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/05/07 at 11:51 am

FlickR seems to be an online photo album for storing your pictures as a back-up for your own hard-drive

Written By: Rex on 10/05/07 at 12:24 pm

Have you looked at yotophoto?

http://yotophoto.com/

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/05/07 at 12:55 pm

Have you looked at yotophoto?

http://yotophoto.com/

I have now, even less than flickr.

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/05/07 at 12:55 pm

FlickR seems to be an online photo album for storing your pictures as a back-up for your own hard-drive

basically.  but you can tag your pictures so anyone can see them, and if you like, you can tag them as free for anyone else to use.

Check for new replies or respond here...