inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: TV/Movie Mention

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/10/07 at 11:49 am

I know there's a lot of songs such as R. Kelly's 'Ignition' that mentions 'Murder She Wrote' in the lyrics, which is a TV Show. I think this could be a good new subject for AmIRight.com. What do you think?

Subject: Re: TV/Movie Mention

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/10/07 at 12:49 pm

I know there's a lot of songs such as R. Kelly's 'Ignition' that mentions 'Murder She Wrote' in the lyrics, which is a TV Show. I think this could be a good new subject for AmIRight.com. What do you think?

Sounds good, I'll add it to the list of possible new sections.  I think "TV Party" by Black Flag mentions everything TV Guide when it came out.

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/10/07 at 2:26 pm

This category would include a plethora, nay, a multitude of Bloodhound Gang and Weird Al Yankovic songs.  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 10/10/07 at 2:54 pm

This category would include a plethora, nay, a multitude of Bloodhound Gang and Weird Al Yankovic songs.  ;)

and I'm gonna add some songs by Young MC.

would the artists have to mention specific TV shows or just the medium itself.  If its just the mention of Television in a song then include Coolio's Gangta's Paradise for the line "Too much television watchin' got me chasin' dreams!"  for the record...ME TOO!!!  ;D

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/10/07 at 4:04 pm

would the artists have to mention specific TV shows or just the medium itself.  If its just the mention of Television in a song then include Coolio's Gangta's Paradise for the line "Too much television watchin' got me chasin' dreams!"   for the record...ME TOO!!!  ;D

Another good one from Coolio is 'Ghetto Cartoon' there's a lot of cartoon shows on that song.

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/10/07 at 4:57 pm

would the artists have to mention specific TV shows or just the medium itself.  If its just the mention of Television in a song then include Coolio's Gangta's Paradise for the line "Too much television watchin' got me chasin' dreams!"   for the record...ME TOO!!!  ;D

I vote for specific TV shows mentioned, not just the medium. Otherwise, what would be the point?  :D

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/10/07 at 8:01 pm

I vote for specific TV shows mentioned, not just the medium. Otherwise, what would be the point?  :D

yeah, seconded. 

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/05/07 at 2:13 am

I'll have to check on it, but I believe there's a rap song that mentions "Doctor Who".
I have the Karaoke version; I'll have to see.

Written By: karen on 11/06/07 at 9:35 pm

Does it just have to mention it in passing or can it be what the song is about?

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/06/07 at 10:12 pm

Does it just have to mention it in passing or can it be what the song is about?

both are fine, that's why it was movie mentions and not songs about movies.  guess I need to make the description a little more detailed.

Check for new replies or respond here...