inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Quotes in comments? are people having problems with this?

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/12/07 at 7:26 am

I got one comment reported that had quotes with back slashes in front of them and a complaint about them being slashed out.  I tried a comment with the quote characters and couldn't duplicate the behavior...

Subject: Re: Quotes in comments? are people having problems with this?

Written By: Red Ant on 11/12/07 at 4:28 pm

I got one comment reported that had quotes with back slashes in front of them and a complaint about them being slashed out.  I tried a comment with the quote characters and couldn't duplicate the behavior...

It happens if you get the security code wrong. Any apostophes (and perhaps quotes) get slashes put in front of them.

Edit to add: I think this also happens if the profanity filter is activated. Speaking of that, IMHO it needs to be a bit less restrictive: particularly, "ass" and "damn" don't really need to be censored.

Ant

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/12/07 at 5:43 pm

It happens if you get the security code wrong. Any apostophes (and perhaps quotes) get slashes put in front of them.

Edit to add: I think this also happens if the profanity filter is activated. Speaking of that, IMHO it needs to be a bit less restrictive: particularly, "ass" and "damn" don't really need to be censored.

Ant

ok... at least now I know why, and it's easily fixed.  I just need to spend some time on it.

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/13/07 at 12:36 pm

I think it's fixed now, going to adjust the word filter too

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/13/07 at 12:38 pm

Ant

damn isn't in the list... so if you're having issues with that, let me know.  I took ass of.  it's a fairly stupid filter anyways

Check for new replies or respond here...