inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Why are Proposed Duets not being updated?

Written By: Mountain Ashley on 01/20/08 at 8:31 pm

Hello,

I know of some new proposed duets that have definitely been submitted since the 25 days ago or so indicated since an update to the page. Has that page become inactive for some reason? When might we expect to see it (hopefully) updated again?

Thank you.

Subject: Re: Why are Proposed Duets not being updated?

Written By: skittlesking on 01/20/08 at 8:57 pm

that section is reviewed by "IndyGent" . . .has anyone heard from him lately?  Is he ok?

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/20/08 at 9:30 pm

that section is reviewed by "IndyGent" . . .has anyone heard from him lately?  Is he ok?

I haven't... I know he goes for a long time sometimes without internet access, the misheard lyrics are way behind too.  I'll have to dig up his email and see if he can still do his sections or not.  Maybe until we hear from him again, someone can volunteer to get his sections back up to date.

I've been remiss in updating the bad ringtones section myself.

Written By: skittlesking on 01/20/08 at 10:11 pm

I haven't... I know he goes for a long time sometimes without internet access, the misheard lyrics are way behind too.  I'll have to dig up his email and see if he can still do his sections or not.  Maybe until we hear from him again, someone can volunteer to get his sections back up to date.

You can always add to mine, but you know that. . .anyone else want any first?

Written By: karen on 01/20/08 at 10:26 pm

Chucky

I could do some editing on AmIRight if you like.  I often thought about volunteering but didn't like to before when I mainly accessed the boards at work.

Let me know.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/21/08 at 9:33 am

Chucky

I could do some editing on AmIRight if you like.  I often thought about volunteering but didn't like to before when I mainly accessed the boards at work.

Let me know.

I'd hate to set you up as an editor on the site, only to have IndyGent come back and start up on his sections again... not that it's hard for me to set up or anything.  Outside of those sections, everything is assigned to people currently.  Although on the other hand, it would let you see what's involved and would be no big deal if you wanted to stop doing them after awhile too.

if I don't hear from IndyGent by Wednesday night, I'll give you his sections to work on until I hear from him if you want them.  There's a ton of misheard lyrics waiting (6 weeks worth at least) and those definitely need to start getting worked on again.  Heck, just editing the already approved ones is something that needs to be looked at again too.

Written By: skittlesking on 01/21/08 at 4:35 pm

I'd hate to set you up as an editor on the site, only to have IndyGent come back and start up on his sections again... not that it's hard for me to set up or anything.  Outside of those sections, everything is assigned to people currently.  Although on the other hand, it would let you see what's involved and would be no big deal if you wanted to stop doing them after awhile too.

if I don't hear from IndyGent by Wednesday night, I'll give you his sections to work on until I hear from him if you want them.  There's a ton of misheard lyrics waiting (6 weeks worth at least) and those definitely need to start getting worked on again.  Heck, just editing the already approved ones is something that needs to be looked at again too.

Not to mention, if he does come back, I could give up a few of my sections if editing is something you really want to do Karen, I've got a lot of sections, and though I've got a handle on them, I wouldn't mind giving you a few too:)

Written By: karen on 01/21/08 at 8:31 pm

Whatever you want to do Chucky - I don't mind.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/21/08 at 10:26 pm

Whatever you want to do Chucky - I don't mind.

ok.. like I said, I'll wait until Wednesday, if IndyGent doesn't check in, I'll give you his sections to work on, just to get them moving again at the very least.

I also remembered I was going to begin creating more sections for the site, I'm holding off until book number 2 is finished the first draft, so maybe I'll just hand 'em off to you once they get going if IndyGent does return.

Written By: nally on 01/21/08 at 10:28 pm

I wouldn't mind doing the Proposed Duets myself. I noticed there's a lot of "question-and-answer" combinations, that would work better in the "Answers To Songs", which I'm in charge of. Especially all the "Where's Captain Kirk" stuff. :P

I would have responded to this thread sooner, but my internet connection was down this morning.

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/26/08 at 12:03 pm

I was feeling the same way with 'New Song Titles'.

BTW-How can you be an editor on that site?

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/26/08 at 2:55 pm

I was feeling the same way with 'New Song Titles'.

BTW-How can you be an editor on that site?

there needs to be a section in need of an editor, and you need to ask me to do it...

the 70s and 90s sites are really in need of editors at the moment, inthe80s might need a few as well, amIright seems to be ok. 

Check for new replies or respond here...