inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A few questions about new section

Written By: Mountain Ashley on 05/14/08 at 5:24 am

Hello, I noticed the new "Same title, different song" section. I like the idea. I've often thought such a section would be good. But I have a few questions. Although there is the usual "Top ten contributors" list at the bottom of the main page, contributors are not acknowledged on an entry by entry basis like on most other sections. Will contributors for each entry be added? Also this new page has no access that I've found to a list of most recent entries like most other pages have. Will that be added? And lastly, I noticed that in the case of "My Life", three songs are listed with the same title. How was that done, since the submission form has spaces for only two songs?

Thank you.

Subject: Re: A few questions about new section

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/14/08 at 8:09 am

Although there is the usual "Top ten contributors" list at the bottom of the main page, contributors are not acknowledged on an entry by entry basis like on most other sections. Will contributors for each entry be added?

I'm probably going to add them in today, they are being recorded, just not being shown at the moment.  I think it's going to be a smaller font than the lyrics though, so they might be harder to read.

Also this new page has no access that I've found to a list of most recent entries like most other pages have. Will that be added?

yes.  I wasn't sure at first how it would look, but I think I've figured out what I want to do with it.

And lastly, I noticed that in the case of "My Life", three songs are listed with the same title. How was that done, since the submission form has spaces for only two songs?

once the first two entries for a song are listed, you can add as many as you want from the page.  If you click the submission link on the "My Life" page, you'll notice you can enter one song because the title is already filled in.

I should probably make a note of that on the submission page, I knew it might be a little confusing since it's different than other sections on the site.

Subject: Re: A few questions about new section

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/14/08 at 9:06 am

I just went ahead and made a bunch of changes... hopefully a little clearer now.

Check for new replies or respond here...