inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rankings in new feature?

Written By: Mountain Ashley on 05/20/08 at 5:35 pm

Hello,

I noticed today a new feature. In the "Top ten contributors" list at the bottom of each home page for a category, names have been made into links when the name is on the overall Top Contributors list. For a few names, there is a parenthetical comment following the link, and assigning a rank, always under 50, it seems. But those rank numbers seem to be always about twice the rank number shown on the overall Top Contributors list. Why the discrrepancy between those two ranking systems? Are contributors being ranked for two different things that I haven't figured out yet? Or should the rank numbers following the new links be the same as the ones on the overall Top Contributors list?

Thank you.

Subject: Re: Rankings in new feature?

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/20/08 at 6:35 pm

Hello,

I noticed today a new feature. In the "Top ten contributors" list at the bottom of each home page for a category, names have been made into links when the name is on the overall Top Contributors list. For a few names, there is a parenthetical comment following the link, and assigning a rank, always under 50, it seems. But those rank numbers seem to be always about twice the rank number shown on the overall Top Contributors list. Why the discrrepancy between those two ranking systems? Are contributors being ranked for two different things that I haven't figured out yet? Or should the rank numbers following the new links be the same as the ones on the overall Top Contributors list?

Thank you.

they're supposed to match up... I experimented with counting recordings and song parodies as well, and once I finished forgot to run it a second time to fix all the rankings.  So those numbers were where people would have been ranked if the parody authors were counted as well.

Check for new replies or respond here...