inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Section! Real or Fake Band Names

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/23/08 at 1:09 pm

Real or Fake Band Names

Can you guess which band is made up and which is real?

I'd love feedback, whether it's hard to use, etc. 

I haven't added it to the site navigation structure or anything, it's still in beta.  Awaiting more feedback before I commit 100% to it.

Subject: Re: New Section! Real or Fake Band Names

Written By: EthanM on 05/23/08 at 1:22 pm

It was very easy to use. I got them all right, but I wasn't 100% sure about any of them.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/23/08 at 1:37 pm

I took it logically the way of answering and I attain 100% correct.

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/23/08 at 2:20 pm

Feel free to try and create some... I just did two more.  It should be easy to submit new ones.

Written By: ninny on 05/24/08 at 8:56 am

I got 2 wrong :-[

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/29/08 at 11:16 am

If you've submitted an entry, are you interested in seeing how many people took it?

I can provide stats, but not really sure how I should do it... I have an admin only view right now, that shows me the correct/fake entries with the percentages correct & number of tries.  Should I put the stats right next to each entry instead?  Or maybe an author section?  Should I randomize them on a stats page?

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/14/08 at 7:41 pm

I'm putting the percentage of people who get a band name correct next to the name now once it reaches 100 or more people.  Not sure if that gives the answers away at all.  If it makes it easier, maybe I should move it to a second page.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/25/08 at 2:42 pm

there's been a bunch of super easy submissions lately, which is going to come to an end.  I doubt anyone doesn't know Nirvana was a real band  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...