inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Some items not showing up on artist summaries

Written By: Mountain Ashley on 05/29/08 at 2:15 am

Hello,

I've noticed that some items, although they have their own pages, aren't showing up on artist summaries. Examples include Band Name Alliteration, Band Name Spoonerisms, and the new feature, Same Title, Different Song. Are there plans to include all these things on artist summary pages?

Thank you

Subject: Re: Some items not showing up on artist summaries

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/29/08 at 8:03 am

Hello,

I've noticed that some items, although they have their own pages, aren't showing up on artist summaries. Examples include Band Name Alliteration, Band Name Spoonerisms, and the new feature, Same Title, Different Song. Are there plans to include all these things on artist summary pages?

Thank you

the more recent sections have to be added in still..  I generally don't bother until I know there's a lot of entries for a section (say at least 50-100), which the Same Title Different Song certainly passed quickly.  When I create new sections, that's the one thing I can't easily automate, since every section is a little different.

Written By: nally on 05/29/08 at 1:31 pm

I notice that too... for example, I know that the Nonsensical Lyrics (which I know have been around for at least a couple years) don't show up on Artist Summaries.

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/29/08 at 1:41 pm

I notice that too... for example, I know that the Nonsensical Lyrics (which I know have been around for at least a couple years) don't show up on Artist Summaries.

I think that was because it was a discontinued section at the time I created the artists sections.  I'll have to go through and make a list of what is being added and what isn't.

Written By: nally on 05/29/08 at 1:49 pm

I think that was because it was a discontinued section at the time I created the artists sections.  I'll have to go through and make a list of what is being added and what isn't.

ok then, but Stupid Band Names and New Band Names were also discontinued at the time, but they showed up on Artist Summaries anyway. Maybe there was another issue or somethin'.

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/29/08 at 2:01 pm

ok then, but Stupid Band Names and New Band Names were also discontinued at the time, but they showed up on Artist Summaries anyway. Maybe there was another issue or somethin'.

I probably just overlooked it. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/06/08 at 1:32 pm

here are the current sections not being included

# criminal
# handicaps
# lighterSide
# hiddenTracks
# hiddenMessages
# bestKnownFor
# backwardsMessages
# warningMessages

# sameTitleDifferentSong
# newbandnames
# movieSongTitleNamed
# missingParts
# productsToEndorse
# showsLyrics
# badRingtones

almost 20 sections... guess I need to get busy

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/16/08 at 1:17 pm

I'm modifying the list in the previous message with a strikethrough each time I add a new section to the artist pages... I've knocked off most of the easy ones at this point.

Written By: Mountain Ashley on 06/22/08 at 2:05 am

here are the current sections not being included

# criminal
# handicaps
# lighterSide
# hiddenTracks
# hiddenMessages
# bestKnownFor
# backwardsMessages
# warningMessages

# sameTitleDifferentSong
# newbandnames
# movieSongTitleNamed
# missingParts
# productsToEndorse
# showsLyrics
# badRingtones

almost 20 sections... guess I need to get busy

I still don't see Band Name Spoonerisms showing up on Artist Summaries.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/24/08 at 1:29 pm

I still don't see Band Name Spoonerisms showing up on Artist Summaries.

fixed it... I was looking at the spoonerism instead of the correct name.  if you see any others that aren't working let me know,  At this point almost everything should be in there that is supposed to be.  Band name alliteration didn't seem worth it (kind of obvious), and I'm still trying to figure out how the same song title, different song should look on the page if it's added.

Check for new replies or respond here...