inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Some changes to the news section of amIright

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/29/08 at 12:39 pm

The old news section is now strictly for amIright events, it's been mostly that for the past year anyways.

The new news section is tied in with the inthe00s messageboard (the Front Page Roar board), and is designed to allow anyone to comment on the stories, and to also submit new ones. 

I WANT FUNNY/STRANGE MUSIC NEWS SUBMISSIONS FROM SITE VISITORS! 

If you find something funny, please use the submission board and write a short post about it.  I set it up this way to prevent spammers from posting directly on the front page of the site.

amIright.com

Subject: Re: Some changes to the news section of amIright

Written By: McKludge on 05/29/08 at 1:22 pm

How about an article on the Hard Rock Park, the new music-themed amusement park in Myrtle Beach, SC.  Doesn't seem like it's all that funny, but the actual names of some of the rides are pretty strange and ironic, and yes, lame.  The website is www.hardrockpark.com  Frankly, I think much of it is just sad, like the All The King's Horses Carosel Ride, a Nights in White Satin psychedelic ride, Life In The Fast Lane rollercoaster.  {sigh}  Damn, I'm old.

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/29/08 at 1:33 pm

How about an article on the Hard Rock Park, the new music-themed amusement park in Myrtle Beach, SC.  Doesn't seem like it's all that funny, but the actual names of some of the rides are pretty strange and ironic, and yes, lame.  The website is www.hardrockpark.com  Frankly, I think much of it is just sad, like the All The King's Horses Carosel Ride, a Nights in White Satin psychedelic ride, Life In The Fast Lane rollercoaster.  {sigh}  Damn, I'm old.

I think a link to the page listing the lame ride names would be good, maybe with a suggestion for better names.  If you don't want to write it, let me know and I can do it.

Written By: McKludge on 05/30/08 at 9:50 am

This is an article from the AV Club http://www.avclub.com/content/newswire/hard_rock_theme_park_to_drive basically making fun of it.

I haven't seen an article that simply lists the rides/shows other than the official website.

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/30/08 at 10:45 am

This is an article from the AV Club http://www.avclub.com/content/newswire/hard_rock_theme_park_to_drive basically making fun of it.

I haven't seen an article that simply lists the rides/shows other than the official website.

I did a little searching with google, flash is seriously hosed for me, so google was the only way for me to visit the craptastic Hard Rock Theme Park website.

http://www.hardrockpark.com/_html/rides.php

The onion article does it better justice though

Check for new replies or respond here...