inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: True Stories in songs

Written By: MrCleveland on 06/22/08 at 11:39 am

There are some songs that mention true stories such as Genesis' 'Battle of Epping Forest' which was about a gang which was in that region of England. Or 'Smoke on the Water' which is about the hotel in Geneva burning down.

I know that there's others, but I don't know anymore on top of my head.

BTW-How do you become an editor on AmIRight?

Subject: Re: True Stories in songs

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/22/08 at 2:53 pm

There are some songs that mention true stories such as Genesis' 'Battle of Epping Forest' which was about a gang which was in that region of England. Or 'Smoke on the Water' which is about the hotel in Geneva burning down.

I know that there's others, but I don't know anymore on top of my head.

BTW-How do you become an editor on AmIRight?

That would be a fantastic idea for a new section.

How to become an editor? Just tell me you'd like to become one.  There also needs to be sections available to edit. Right now there's only one or two that are available so I've been doing them.  I've been planning on rolling out a ton of new sections, but I've been held up by some other stuff that needed to get done on the sites I run.  If you want to be an editor, I could let you take over the new sections as I create them.  Just send me a PM.

Subject: Re: True Stories in songs

Written By: MrCleveland on 06/23/08 at 1:30 pm

Will do. ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...