inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Calendar for latest misheard lyrics entries has gone blank

Written By: Mountain Ashley on 06/22/08 at 3:19 pm

For days to weeks now, no new misheard lyrics have been added to the site. And now the calendar that used to show latest dates for misheard lyrics additions has gone to being a blank December calendar. Is there some problem with the latest entries feature and / or process for adding new misheard lyrics? Thank you

Subject: Re: Calendar for latest misheard lyrics entries has gone blank

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/22/08 at 3:23 pm

For days to weeks now, no new misheard lyrics have been added to the site. And now the calendar that used to show latest dates for misheard lyrics additions has gone to being a blank December calendar. Is there some problem with the latest entries feature and / or process for adding new misheard lyrics? Thank you

karen was reviewing them, and I guess she gave up.  since the script runs automatically it finally ran out of new entries.  JC is supposed to be back online now, but I haven't seen a followup from him either.  I'll have to take over the section for now just to get the ball moving again.

Written By: nally on 06/23/08 at 12:06 pm

Well...karen's account has not been active since June 12th...I don't know if she was going on vacation or anything. Did the queue actually run out of new entries? I remember when it took months for a new entry to finally appear after it was submitted.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/23/08 at 1:02 pm

Well...karen's account has not been active since June 12th...I don't know if she was going on vacation or anything. Did the queue actually run out of new entries? I remember when it took months for a new entry to finally appear after it was submitted.

the queue is definitely not empty... and karen hasn't reviewed it in over a month, so it's been longer than her account has been inactive.

jc was having computer issues and told me he was ready to review again, but then he never responded to my last email, so maybe his issues are still ongoing. 

I'll see if I can get some of the backlog processed tonight. 

Written By: nally on 06/23/08 at 3:04 pm

the queue is definitely not empty... and karen hasn't reviewed it in over a month, so it's been longer than her account has been inactive.

jc was having computer issues and told me he was ready to review again, but then he never responded to my last email, so maybe his issues are still ongoing. 

I'll see if I can get some of the backlog processed tonight. 

jc as in IndyGent? Yeah, he doesn't seem to come around much. He did stop by this site about two weeks ago, but didn't do much. :-\\

Written By: nally on 06/24/08 at 10:05 pm

Aha! I just did some sleuthing, and found this posting from karen in another thread:

Realised I've hardly posted in this thread this month.  And I don't think I'll be around to post in it much more this month.

Had a haircut today.  And did more shopping.

Tomorrow I'm going for surgery and won't be able to drive or lift stuff for a few days.

Tomorrow evening my mum and Dai's mum arrive for three weeks visit!  Looking forward to it and also wondering what we are going to do altogether.  :-\\

Sure enough, she has something to keep her away from the computer. And this was two weeks ago.

I look forward to her recovery.

In the meanwhile, maybe someone should temporarily review her sections until she gets back. Because I'm sure that one or two of them gets lots of stuff submitted to them regularly.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/24/08 at 10:31 pm

Aha! I just did some sleuthing, and found this posting from karen in another thread:

Sure enough, she has something to keep her away from the computer. And this was two weeks ago.

I look forward to her recovery.

In the meanwhile, maybe someone should temporarily review her sections until she gets back. Because I'm sure that one or two of them gets lots of stuff submitted to them regularly.

d'oh, I swear I saw that too.... I'm an idiot.

I've taken over the misheard lyrics for now.

Written By: nally on 06/24/08 at 10:32 pm

d'oh, I swear I saw that too.... I'm an idiot.

I've taken over the misheard lyrics for now.

Approving new entries?

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/25/08 at 5:45 am

Approving new entries?

yes... I'm going to try and empty out the queue.  Probably take about two weeks.

Written By: nally on 06/25/08 at 11:25 am

yes... I'm going to try and empty out the queue.  Probably take about two weeks.

that's not so bad... is there going to be a fixed amount of new entries per day, like there has been in the past?

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/25/08 at 1:43 pm

that's not so bad... is there going to be a fixed amount of new entries per day, like there has been in the past?

yeah, not changing that... that way it won't run dry again for awhile if I do get through the backlog.

Written By: karen on 07/06/08 at 10:01 am

well I'm back now.

It's the school holidays though so I probably won't be around quite as much.  I do plan to do some reviewing each week though.

Written By: nally on 07/06/08 at 12:54 pm

well I'm back now.

It's the school holidays though so I probably won't be around quite as much.  I do plan to do some reviewing each week though.

oh good! Glad you're back, Karen! :)

I also hope you're feelin' better too.

Written By: Guest on 09/02/08 at 1:47 pm

Seems like the calendar has gone blank yet again... What gives this time??

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/02/08 at 2:10 pm

looks like IndyGent has gone missing again.  I'm going to have to come up with a new system for reviewing the misheard lyrics... there's too many of them, and it appears having one editor run the section isn't a good idea, I need a couple.

Written By: nally on 09/02/08 at 2:12 pm

yeah I notice that too!

looks like IndyGent has gone missing again.  I'm going to have to come up with a new system for reviewing the misheard lyrics... there's too many of them, and it appears having one editor run the section isn't a good idea, I need a couple.

Wasn't karen doing it for a while, too? Seems she has been m.i.a. in her sections as well; for example the "Songs For Duets, That Haven't Been Done Yet" (which she and Indy have shared the duties of) section has gone a whole month without an update (as indicated in the right sidebar of the Amiright homepage).

Written By: guest on 02/18/09 at 12:58 pm

Another blank MHL calendar is upon us yet again.

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/18/09 at 8:40 pm

Another blank MHL calendar is upon us yet again.

yeah... I gotta get after the editors to try and update a little more often...

Written By: karen on 02/18/09 at 8:46 pm

:-[

Written By: Anonymous Informant on 05/11/09 at 1:53 pm

It's gone blank yet again..... :-[ :(

And what's more, we see a December calendar from last year. What gives now?

Check for new replies or respond here...