inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New section on artist pages... alternate spellings

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/24/08 at 1:15 pm

Check the Avril Lavigne page for an example of all the different ways we've seen Avril Lavigne's name misspelled on the website.  Most of these corrections come from Wolveresos and the previous editor who worked on the corrections for the parody index.

more will appear as Wolversos works on reviewing the names, not sure if he's still doing it or not though.

Subject: Re: New section on artist pages... alternate spellings

Written By: nally on 06/24/08 at 4:56 pm

Oh yeah, I've seen performer misspellings all the time on the site (and I ain't talkin' bout intentionally misspelled names, like Outkast or Nu Shooz). If people aren't sure how to spell the performers names, why don't they look 'em up, or try to find CD's by them?

other performer names I've seen misspelled on the site:

Sarah McLachlan
as: ~ McLacklin, McLaughlin, Maclachlan...

Limp Bizkit
as: ~ Bizket, Bikzit...

Red Hot Chili Peppers
as: ~ ~ Chilli Peppers, ~~~ Pepperes, ~~~ Papper's...

Nirvana
as: Nivana

Written By: Irule on 07/18/08 at 4:33 pm

Oh yeah, I've seen performer misspellings all the time on the site (and I ain't talkin' bout intentionally misspelled names, like Outkast or Nu Shooz). If people aren't sure how to spell the performers names, why don't they look 'em up, or try to find CD's by them?

other performer names I've seen misspelled on the site:

Sarah McLachlan
as: ~ McLacklin, McLaughlin, Maclachlan...

Limp Bizkit
as: ~ Bizket, Bikzit...

Red Hot Chili Peppers
as: ~ ~ Chilli Peppers, ~~~ Pepperes, ~~~ Papper's...

Nirvana
as: Nivana

Maybe they simply forgot a letter.

Written By: nally on 07/18/08 at 5:24 pm

Maybe they simply forgot a letter.

That's true, in some cases. Others have spelt the name completely different. Such as Good Charolette for Good Charlotte.

In reviewing new entries for sections, I notice some people have used a capial I in place of a lowercase L...but I don't notice that until after I go back to edit existing entries. ::) Such as "EIton John"; names like that should be added to the flagged list.

Check for new replies or respond here...