inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A request: parody tagging

Written By: philbo on 08/07/08 at 5:17 am

I know this would cause an incredibly large amount of work for existing parodies, but less so for new submissions, ISTM.  But...

I think it would be great if we could tag parodies, ideally at a couple of levels (e.g. "Celebrities: Britney", "Sport: Baseball", "Educational: Grammar", etc), then write a google gadget/Facebook plug-in which allows you to find parodies based on topic... come to think of it, a google/FB plug in that wrapped the parody search would be pretty cool on its own.

Subject: Re: A request: parody tagging

Written By: EthanM on 08/07/08 at 7:25 am

I second the motion.  I think the idea of a facebook plugin was brought up before but i don't know what happened to it.

Subject: Re: A request: parody tagging

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/08/08 at 9:04 am

I've been toying with the idea for awhile.  The problem is who does the tagging on the older parodies?  A lot of the authors are no longer here to tag their own work.

It also becomes a big amount of work for me, since I have to code something to allow suggestions, someone will need to review proposed tags, etc.

Not to say I can't do it, it's just that it seems like a lot of work, and I'm not sure if people really use tags when they see them on webpages.

Check for new replies or respond here...