inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New misheard lyrics editors/reviewers wanted!

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/23/08 at 8:29 am

Karen and IndyGent can't keep up with the flood of entries.  In the past, the software was set up to only allow one editor to review a section.  Recently I wrote some changes to allow multiple reviewers for the same section, so I'm going to open up the misheard lyrics section to allow up to four editors.  Which means there is an opening for two more people if anyone is interested.

Subject: Re: New misheard lyrics editors/reviewers wanted!

Written By: karen on 09/25/08 at 9:55 am

If anyone has been thinking about doing this but thinks it might be difficult - relax it's easy.  The editing is done using your normal web browser - no new software is needed.  The process is just like editing a message here.

Any more questions feel free to post them here or PM me.

Written By: Jason on 10/08/08 at 12:21 pm

I wouldn't mind having a go at editing the mis-heard lyrics section.

Written By: nally on 10/10/08 at 12:59 am

I wouldn't mind having a go at editing the mis-heard lyrics section.

Looks like you've just been promoted to Web Editor (from your profile)...welcome aboard!!

Great, you can join me and karen with the editing. Right now I'm still in the midst of fixing some of the older entries; I've been doing a few of those each day.

Written By: Jason on 10/11/08 at 1:02 pm

Looks like you've just been promoted to Web Editor (from your profile)...welcome aboard!!

Great, you can join me and karen with the editing. Right now I'm still in the midst of fixing some of the older entries; I've been doing a few of those each day.

Thanks for that! Its something I am finding enjoyable, plus I like having a mention on the site as an editor. I like to be able to edit existing misheard lyrics but since that vacancy is filled, I'll carry on doing my role for now. Why do people have to submit stuff that contains rude or inappropriate language that I have to filter out? lol!

Written By: karen on 10/11/08 at 6:53 pm

Thanks for that! Its something I am finding enjoyable, plus I like having a mention on the site as an editor. I like to be able to edit existing misheard lyrics but since that vacancy is filled, I'll carry on doing my role for now. Why do people have to submit stuff that contains rude or inappropriate language that I have to filter out? lol!

Sometimes I allow those if I think it 'realistically' could be misheard but a lot of the time it isn't even remotely like the lyric  ::)

Written By: nally on 10/12/08 at 11:07 pm

Not to worry, I've deleted a lot of junk of that nature. If I spot something inappropriate, I delete it. Some people probably don't have anything better to do with their lives, I guess. ::)

Written By: holicman on 10/13/08 at 8:01 am

Im pretty good with music and lyrics, have been all my life.

I would be honoured to be a lyric interpreter/editor/reviewer :)

Written By: karen on 10/13/08 at 8:19 am

Not to worry, I've deleted a lot of junk of that nature. If I spot something inappropriate, I delete it. Some people probably don't have anything better to do with their lives, I guess. ::)

Jeff

Not saying that you have done this but beware of imposing your 'morals' (for want of a better word) on the things people genuinely mis-hear.  :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...