inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I know I have been extremely quiet lately but Im still around.

Written By: Jason on 11/13/08 at 2:21 pm

Hi everybody, mainly to Below Average Dave, Matthias, Red Ant, ChuckyG, Max Power, Guy, Alvin Rhodes, John A. Barry,Karen, Merry And Pippin, Michael Pacholek and everyone else. (Apologies if there is anyone I have missed out, you know who you are!)

I know I have been very quiet on here recently, apart from approving some misheard lyrics here and there. Just to let you know I have not turned my back on anybody or AmiRight. Its because I have started a new job as a train driver and the training is very intense, which has subsequently left me little time to write any parodies, and leave comments on others etc. I have also been recovering from a neck injury as well.

Tomorrow afternoon and this weekend I'll try and leave comments on some parodies as I feel a bit bad about not being around for some time.

Kudos to all of you!

Subject: Re: I know I have been extremely quiet lately but Im still around.

Written By: karen on 11/13/08 at 2:24 pm

Jason

been meaning to say for a while how much I appreciate your help with reviewing the misheard lyrics. 

Written By: Jason on 11/13/08 at 2:29 pm

Jason

been meaning to say for a while how much I appreciate your help with reviewing the misheard lyrics. 

You are welcome. Sorry I havent' done it for the past few days, due to the above reasons, but I will go through more tomorrow evening and over the weekend.

Written By: karen on 11/13/08 at 2:30 pm

You are welcome. Sorry I havent' done it for the past few days, due to the above reasons, but I will go through more tomorrow evening and over the weekend.

Nobody's clocking you in or out you know.  Just do it when you can same as I do.

Written By: nally on 11/13/08 at 11:34 pm

Jason

ditto!! It's great to see more updates on it every day.

Written By: nally on 11/13/08 at 11:37 pm

Hi everybody, mainly to Below Average Dave, Matthias, Red Ant, ChuckyG, Max Power, Guy, Alvin Rhodes, John A. Barry,Karen, Merry And Pippin, Michael Pacholek and everyone else. (Apologies if there is anyone I have missed out, you know who you are!)

I know I have been very quiet on here recently, apart from approving some misheard lyrics here and there. Just to let you know I have not turned my back on anybody or AmiRight. Its because I have started a new job as a train driver and the training is very intense, which has subsequently left me little time to write any parodies, and leave comments on others etc. I have also been recovering from a neck injury as well.

Tomorrow afternoon and this weekend I'll try and leave comments on some parodies as I feel a bit bad about not being around for some time.

Kudos to all of you!

Neck injury? Ouch, I bet that must've been painful.

As for your new job...good luck with that. I've always wondered what it's like to drive a train, given that I've been commuting on them regularly for the past seven years.

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/14/08 at 9:54 am

ditto!! It's great to see more updates on it every day.

ad triple ditto to that.. it makes big impact on the site as a whole to keep that section moving.

I'm beyond busy now, so I know I can't handle helping out with it now. I've still got a new editor for inthe80s I haven't even setup yet, and they've been waiting a month.

Written By: nally on 11/15/08 at 5:27 pm

^well I know for a while during this year, there were instances when we didn't get any updates for a whole month (and then some), which is why the calendar had gone blank.

I'm beyond busy now, so I know I can't handle helping out with it now. I've still got a new editor for inthe80s I haven't even setup yet, and they've been waiting a month.

good luck on that; I'm sure that person will be glad to start with their editing tasks ASAP.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/19/09 at 7:01 am

Kudos to all of you!

Train Driver!  Is it for Amtrak?  My son is an Amtrak freak.

Written By: karen on 03/19/09 at 8:13 am

Train Driver!  Is it for Amtrak?  My son is an Amtrak freak.

I think Jason is British.  :-\\

Written By: nally on 03/19/09 at 10:23 am

I think Jason is British.  :-\\

You're originally from England too, right? What trains do they have over there?

Written By: karen on 03/19/09 at 9:53 pm

You're originally from England too, right? What trains do they have over there?

Depends where you live.  Some lines are diesel and some are electric.

http://www.railbrit.org.uk/photos/7120.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2181/1774412604_0164674ccf.jpg?v=0

Also there are small privately owned steam railways.  A friend of mine became qualified to drive them a couple of years ago.

http://www.steamtraingalleries.co.uk/image/great_central_rail_051.jpg

Written By: nally on 03/20/09 at 12:04 pm

^ Nice.. :)

My mom vacationed in Europe 34 years ago, and I think she mentioned having traveled on trains in the various countries.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/20/09 at 12:34 pm

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/birmmail/aug2008/6/9/C04FFAF7-E46F-C191-8A815A79B8C7D883.jpg

Written By: nally on 03/20/09 at 12:53 pm

^and that would be the Little Engine That Could?

Written By: karen on 03/20/09 at 1:22 pm

No

It's Thomas the Tank Engine and Sir Topham Hatt, otherwise known as the Fat Controller.

Written By: nally on 03/20/09 at 1:23 pm

Oh..right. I was thinking it might have been him, too. It was one or the other; I figured that much out.

My bad! :-\\

Written By: karen on 03/20/09 at 1:28 pm

The little engine that could seems to have his face on the funnel.

Check for new replies or respond here...