inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Submitting for bands with the same name

Written By: Dylan Baranski on 11/25/08 at 9:31 pm

I was wondering, suppose there are two bands with the same name and we submit something to this site for them, how do we distinguish between them? For example, many people know of a UK rock band called Space, but they might not know that there's also a French electronic band called Space, so would we submit the info under the same band name or add something on the name to distinguish it as a different band, in other words by typing the name as Space (2), Space (FR), etc?

Subject: Re: Submitting for bands with the same name

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/26/08 at 9:18 pm

I was wondering, suppose there are two bands with the same name and we submit something to this site for them, how do we distinguish between them? For example, many people know of a UK rock band called Space, but they might not know that there's also a French electronic band called Space, so would we submit the info under the same band name or add something on the name to distinguish it as a different band, in other words by typing the name as Space (2), Space (FR), etc?

I'd say add the name of the country of the abbreviation after it.  Like the Charlatans UK are really just the Charlatans in the UK, because the psychedelic band from the 60s apparently wasn't known over there.

Subject: Re: Submitting for bands with the same name

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/29/08 at 8:49 am

The Shadows, of Cliff Richard fame, have to change their name from The Drifters due to there was an American band with that name.

Check for new replies or respond here...