inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Using code to format comments on parodies

Written By: 2nz on 12/01/08 at 5:28 pm

Is there a list of the code that can be used to format comments submitted on amiright, such has how to create separate paragraphs or how to italicize something? I remember using <br> in the past, but it no longer seems to work the same way that it did a year or two ago. Let me know, and if there is no list, it might not be a bad idea to include one, even if it's just a sticky in the messageboards or something.

Thanks again for all the work that all you editors and owners do in maintaining the site, it is always appreciated.

-Glen

Subject: Re: Using code to format comments on parodies

Written By: guest on 04/13/09 at 12:25 pm

The only tags that will work when formatting comments are the BR tags. I know that we used to be able to use the bold (<B>, </B>) tags, but I don't know that those will work with the new commenting system (which has been in place for 2 years now). Aside from B and BR, I don't think any other html tags are allowed.

Subject: Re: Using code to format comments on parodies

Written By: Below Average Dave on 04/13/09 at 1:12 pm

Is there a list of the code that can be used to format comments submitted on amiright, such has how to create separate paragraphs or how to italicize something? I remember using <br> in the past, but it no longer seems to work the same way that it did a year or two ago. Let me know, and if there is no list, it might not be a bad idea to include one, even if it's just a sticky in the messageboards or something.

Thanks again for all the work that all you editors and owners do in maintaining the site, it is always appreciated.

-Glen

I used to have that problem, you have to capitalize it <BR> unlike regular HTML where either <br>, <bR>, <Br> or <BR> work the AmIRight Script is specific to <BR>

Check for new replies or respond here...