inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nine year anniversary...

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/28/09 at 7:53 am

yet another year has come and gone since amIright began in 2000.  We've got a whole year to think of something to do for the ten year anniversary I guess.

Subject: Re: Nine year anniversary...

Written By: nally on 04/28/09 at 11:47 am

My goodness, how time certainly does fly.

The Amiright site must have been brand new when I discovered it during the last week of April 2000. It certainly has come quite a long way since then.

We've got a whole year to think of something to do for the ten year anniversary I guess.

That'll be here before ya know it!

Written By: Step-chan on 04/28/09 at 1:16 pm

I discovered it in I think October or November of 2004.

Written By: Red Ant on 04/28/09 at 5:21 pm

Nine years on the 'net - I wonder how long that translates to in human years? Very long lived site that's still going strong. Well done Chucky, and thanks for all you provide and do.

Ant

Written By: philbo on 04/30/09 at 11:00 am

That means (depending on exactly when in 2000) I've been on this site for >80% of the time it's been around... cool.

First parody - "Thunderthighs" to "Wonderwall" by Oasis in Sep '01.. though I'd been playing that for quite a while before it got submitted.

Many, many thanks, Chucky - and especially for sticking around, providing the best place for parody on the 'net.

Written By: guest on 04/30/09 at 12:06 pm

That means (depending on exactly when in 2000) I've been on this site for >80% of the time it's been around... cool.

I think someone said above that it was in April of 2000:

The Amiright site must have been brand new when I discovered it during the last week of April 2000.

...so, you do the math ;)

OTOH, there's a chance it might've been around sometime between January or March, maybe Chuckie knows?

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/30/09 at 12:49 pm

I think someone said above that it was in April of 2000:

...so, you do the math ;)

OTOH, there's a chance it might've been around sometime between January or March, maybe Chuckie knows?

pretty certain it went live in April of 2000.  I began work on it in December 1999, but it wasn't even going to be a misheard lyrics/parody site at that point.

Written By: Tam on 04/30/09 at 1:22 pm

Hey Chucky?
What date was inthe00s.com founded?

Written By: nally on 04/30/09 at 2:40 pm

pretty certain it went live in April of 2000.

so I was right; it was pretty new at the time I discovered it

I began work on it in December 1999, but it wasn't even going to be a misheard lyrics/parody site at that point.

really? You had other ideas in mind?

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/30/09 at 3:45 pm

Hey Chucky?
What date was inthe00s.com founded?

hmmmm.... 2001?  It grew out of the old inthe80s messageboard (which was originally ChuckyG's 80s Website messageboard) which begain 1998.  I think June marks the 11th anniversary of the messageboard beginnings, and the 14th anniversary of the 80s site.

Written By: nally on 05/05/09 at 10:02 pm

hmmmm.... 2001?  It grew out of the old inthe80s messageboard (which was originally ChuckyG's 80s Website messageboard) which begain 1998.  I think June marks the 11th anniversary of the messageboard beginnings, and the 14th anniversary of the 80s site.

Yeah, I think it was late 2001 when "inthe00s" came along. On the old version of the messageboard (which crashed in April '04), I seem to remember coming across posts from November/December of that year. Of course, I didn't start looking at that version of the MB until 2002.

Written By: Marian on 05/06/09 at 2:52 pm

;D ;D ;Dyay!that's a long time!

Written By: STG on 05/12/09 at 8:26 am

wow, I came back just in time, lol
I remember when there were only a handful of parodies when I came on.

Check for new replies or respond here...