inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Suggestion: Default to comments-enabled and opt-out

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 11/06/09 at 12:08 am

Here's one example.
Also, new writer carly_carlz posted several on Wed. and Thu. 4 and 5 Oct. with comments not enabled; no way to know if deliberate.

IMHO, 98% of parodies have comments enabled, and of the 2% that don't, probably half are either through not knowing to do so, or forgetting.

Suggest that "Enable comments" be default-checked, with a label, perhaps bold, highlighted, or red, etc., "Uncheck this box if you do NOT wish to allow comments."

Doesn't seem to be much downside. If someone doesn't want comments and forgets to uncheck it, well, you've posted it for all the world to see anyway....

Cheers.

Subject: Re: Suggestion: Default to comments-enabled and opt-out

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/06/09 at 8:34 am

Here's one example.
Also, new writer carly_carlz posted several on Wed. and Thu. 4 and 5 Oct. with comments not enabled; no way to know if deliberate.

IMHO, 98% of parodies have comments enabled, and of the 2% that don't, probably half are either through not knowing to do so, or forgetting.

Suggest that "Enable comments" be default-checked, with a label, perhaps bold, highlighted, or red, etc., "Uncheck this box if you do NOT wish to allow comments."

Doesn't seem to be much downside. If someone doesn't want comments and forgets to uncheck it, well, you've posted it for all the world to see anyway....

Cheers.

It does seem like I get asked quite a bit to enable comments after the fact.  I'll add it to my to do list...

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/07/09 at 6:26 pm

Auto-enabling comments would be killer...

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 01/07/10 at 1:53 am

Been mostly away from the site over the holidays. Just posted the first one since the holidays, and saw that this suggestion was implemented. Thanks! :)

Check for new replies or respond here...