inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: To the Amiright commentor "rob"

Written By: Red Ant on 11/21/09 at 9:48 am

...and others who feel the need to start a political blog under every political parody they see: don't bother. The comments section under the parodies is to leave feedback FOR THE PARODIES.

"The parody authors spend a lot of time writing parodies for website. They appreciate feedback in the form of votes and comments. Please take some time to leave a comment below about this parody."

~~~~~~and~~~~~~

"Comments are subject to review, and can be removed by the administration of the site at any time and for any reason."

If your comments don't pertain to the parody in any way, shape, or form, they will be deleted, simple as that.

Ant

Subject: Re: To the Amiright commentor "rob"

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 12/04/09 at 1:07 am

...and others who feel the need to start a political blog under every political parody they see: don't bother. The comments section under the parodies is to leave feedback FOR THE PARODIES.

"The parody authors spend a lot of time writing parodies for website. They appreciate feedback in the form of votes and comments. Please take some time to leave a comment below about this parody."

~~~~~~and~~~~~~

"Comments are subject to review, and can be removed by the administration of the site at any time and for any reason."

If your comments don't pertain to the parody in any way, shape, or form, they will be deleted, simple as that.

Ant

Why was the relatively recent "rob" singled out in the title, with "and others" parenthetically added inside? Michael Pacholek has been doing the same thing for years. (Do you really want me to post examples?) I've  never complained about them. Reply or ignore. Political parodies will bring political comments. Sometimes it takes more than a couple of sentences to refute an entire parody's worth of what is perceived as erroneous thinking. Leave these things up and let readers judge for themselves. ...  unless, of course, it gets off of politics itself and into direct personal, profane, or hateful attack on the person him/herself. But your post addressed only political commentary. "Let it be." (on *all* sides.)

Written By: Red Ant on 12/04/09 at 2:19 am

Why was the relatively recent "rob" singled out in the title, with "and others" parenthetically added inside? Michael Pacholek has been doing the same thing for years. (Do you really want me to post examples?) I've  never complained about them. Reply or ignore. Political parodies will bring political comments. Sometimes it takes more than a couple of sentences to refute an entire parody's worth of what is perceived as erroneous thinking. Leave these things up and let readers judge for themselves. ...  unless, of course, it gets off of politics itself and into direct personal, profane, or hateful attack on the person him/herself. But your post addressed only political commentary. "Let it be." (on *all* sides.)

I am not against political commentary (of either side, or the middle), but the comments by "rob" have had no bearing whatsoever on the parody content. In short, writing "Obama sucks", "Bush sucks" or " party sucks", in longer, slightly more eloquent and wordier variations, over and over again, is tantamount to spam. I treat it in the same way I treat those a-holes from China who constantly spam trying to sell Ugg Boots, which is to say not very kindly.

"and others" was addressing any potential copycats, or those who leave, have left, or may leave comments in a similar fashion to what "rob" does.

Rob was singled out because, at this time, he (I assume Rob is not short for "Roberta") is the only person making such comments, and to my knowledge does not have an account here nor is an active writer on AmiRight.  In this case, complaints were made. I could not resolve them through normal channels, thus this thread.

Ant

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 12/04/09 at 3:09 am

.... In short, writing "Obama sucks", "Bush sucks" or " party sucks", in longer, slightly more eloquent and wordier variations, over and over again, is tantamount to spam.....
Agreed. I've seen a "few" examples of similar things from active, registered writers, but can't be bothered to look for them now.
....and to my knowledge does not have an account here nor is an active writer on AmiRight.  In this case, complaints were made. I could not resolve them through normal channels, thus this thread.
Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. If I see anyone else doing the same thing, I'll consider reporting it.

Written By: Max Power on 12/11/09 at 10:08 am

I wish everyone would heed this warning, I have the same guy stalking me for some reason. If only there's a way to file a restraining order on him.

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 12/11/09 at 3:54 pm

I wish everyone would heed this warning, I have the same guy stalking me for some reason. If only there's a way to file a restraining order on him.

If the posts violate the above guidelines, just keep reporting them. Don't reply to the comments at all. Soon, they'll get tired of it and go away. As Wikipedia says, "Don't feed the trolls."

It's also possible that if the stalker always uses the same IP, the Admin could ban that person.

On a side note, as an objective observer, neither Republicrat nor Democan  (didn't vote for Bush, Gore, Kerry, Obama, or McCain, despite having the hots for Palin :) ) it does seem like there was a lot of this going around during the previous Administration, but that it didn't come up here until the "shoe was on the other foot", so to speak. Just an observation, amusing to moi. :-)

Written By: Step-chan on 12/11/09 at 10:10 pm

I'm surprised it didn't at that time. ^

Written By: Max Power on 01/23/10 at 4:13 pm

Just my luck, the report button jammed on the time I needed it to work.

I'll come back for it later, this is frustrating.

Written By: kilgore523 on 02/20/10 at 9:33 pm

Things seem to have gotten a bit better on the political flame war front, and I don't think rob has appeared on AIR since at least the beginning of February. (knock on wood)

We can hope he heeded Red Ant's comment here and laid off on flame-broiling authors he didn't agree with the views of.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...