inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Welcome new editors - DJ Blaze and Silver Power

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/23/09 at 10:14 am

Silver Power is an old hand at editing over on inthe80s, but DJ Blaze is new to the world of editing. Good luck!

Subject: Re: Welcome new editors - DJ Blaze and Silver Power

Written By: Christie Marie M on 12/23/09 at 2:50 pm

Congratulations to DJ Blaze and Silver Power for becoming the new editors!  :) :) :)

Written By: nally on 12/23/09 at 5:06 pm

Welcome to the editing staff, guys! O0 O0

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/23/09 at 6:08 pm

Thanks! Editing is very easy, but I hope I don't make small mistakes.

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/23/09 at 7:20 pm

Thanks, in advance and congratulations.

Written By: Red Ant on 12/23/09 at 10:26 pm

Welcome to the fold guys.

Ant

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/24/09 at 8:52 am

Thanks! Editing is very easy, but I hope I don't make small mistakes.

you can edit entries that have already been reviewed... so if you do make mistakes you can always correct them later.

Written By: wildcard on 12/24/09 at 10:52 am

Just want to say/remind whatever, humans make mistakes and mistakes aren't always bad anyways.

Written By: Jack Wilson on 12/25/09 at 11:56 am

Congrats guys!

Written By: ThaConqueror on 12/26/09 at 2:03 am

Yay! Hooray for everything  :D We has new editor peoples! That's a kind of special!

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/26/09 at 11:16 am

Yay! Hooray for everything  :D We has new editor peoples! That's a kind of special!

I should probably put out a call for a couple more as well... Red Ant and BADave have been handling most of the sections by themselves, and the misheard lyrics section is very backlogged.  The misheard lyrics can be edited by multiple people (and probably should be considering the volume).

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/26/09 at 11:42 am

I should probably put out a call for a couple more as well... Red Ant and BADave have been handling most of the sections by themselves, and the misheard lyrics section is very backlogged.  The misheard lyrics can be edited by multiple people (and probably should be considering the volume).

Chucky, I sent you a PM about updating more sections. I need the extra work!

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/26/09 at 5:30 pm

Chucky, I sent you a PM about updating more sections. I need the extra work!

I gave you the misheard lyrics... which needs the attention very much

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/31/09 at 8:11 pm

I gave you the misheard lyrics... which needs the attention very much

One question... do I have to do 50 entries to Build? It seems like 50 is the magic number.

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/31/09 at 8:44 pm

One question... do I have to do 50 entries to Build? It seems like 50 is the magic number.

you don't need to run the build script for the misheard lyrics, that section runs all on it's own.  You do need to do at least 50 for it to run an update though.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/31/09 at 8:47 pm

you don't need to run the build script for the misheard lyrics, that section runs all on it's own.  You do need to do at least 50 for it to run an update though.

Oh, OK! I did about 7 today.

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/31/09 at 8:50 pm

Oh, OK! I did about 7 today.

you should also wipe out the notes field and the story field unless the story is somewhat interesting.

Written By: nally on 02/26/10 at 1:29 pm

Question...are they still reviewing them? Because I notice that it's been more than a month since the last new batch appeared on the site, and as a result the calendar has gone blank, leaving a calendar for December 2008 with grey numbers. (And below that calendar it says "There are entries for the last 30 days.")

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/26/10 at 1:31 pm

Question...are they still reviewing them? Because I notice that it's been more than a month since the last new batch appeared on the site, and as a result the calendar has gone blank, leaving a calendar for December 2008 with grey numbers.

I noticed it went blank today as well.

no idea what to do with the new misheard lyrics section.  I have four people assigned to review them, and everyone gives up after a few months.

Written By: nally on 02/26/10 at 1:35 pm

it's actually been blank for about a week now, since the last update was done on January 21st.

no idea what to do with the new misheard lyrics section.  I have four people assigned to review them, and everyone gives up after a few months.

I would help do it, but I'm already editing the ones that are already there, fixing boo boo's and stuff (and I've been checking every day for correction suggestions and fixing those, provided they're acceptable), so I've been diligent about that.

For those people already assigned, maybe other things are getting in the way. That happens in life.

Written By: karen on 02/26/10 at 2:27 pm

I noticed it went blank today as well.

Speaking personally, you start off as an editor being all enthusiastic but the relentless nature of the misheard lyrics makes it hard to retain that level of interest.  Even at my 'peak' I never got it to less than 1,000 entries waiting to be reviewed.  And that gets depressing!

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/26/10 at 4:11 pm

Speaking personally, you start off as an editor being all enthusiastic but the relentless nature of the misheard lyrics makes it hard to retain that level of interest.  Even at my 'peak' I never got it to less than 1,000 entries waiting to be reviewed.  And that gets depressing!

I was kind of hoping with a bunch of people working it, the backlog would get taken care of at some point.  Right now there's like a year's worth waiting for review I think.  No idea if the backlog could ever get down to zero without a lot of effort.  If it did, people wouldn't see their entries on the site for several months because the backlog getting processed would be so huge.

I would help do it, but I'm already editing the ones that are already there, fixing boo boo's and stuff (and I've been checking every day for correction suggestions and fixing those, provided they're acceptable), so I've been diligent about that.

it's good to have someone not reviewing entries taking care of the corrections, it's a different process entirely.

maybe I'll try my hand at it again.  At the very least knock off enough to get the page working right again. 

Written By: Step-chan on 02/26/10 at 10:41 pm

Congrats!

Written By: DJ Blaze on 03/03/10 at 8:54 pm

I've been VERY busy with school lately and haven't kept track of updates. Sorry. :( I'll be more devoted during the summer.

Written By: nally on 03/03/10 at 10:33 pm

I've been VERY busy with school lately and haven't kept track of updates. Sorry. :( I'll be more devoted during the summer.

Yeah, often times that can get in the way. And I bet our friend Torey (Silver Power) has the same situation. (But we've been keeping his Karamel Exchange thread alive!) Good luck with your studies.

Check for new replies or respond here...