inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Another song that should be removed; author should be warned or banned

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 02/12/10 at 5:07 pm

Author mAximo's post of Thursday, Feb. 11, was removed for being one long anti-Semitic rant.

This song adds derogatory slurs to Hispanics ("Spic"), African-Americans ("Uncle Tom" and "Sambo", the latter being a derogatory character fitting a stereotype of 70 years ago), as well as referring to Jewish people as "hymie", a slur for which Jesse Jackson was properly criticized.

I would suggest that in addition to removing this song, that this author be warned, and if not possible or not heeded, consider banning. Thank you.

Subject: Re: Another song that should be removed; author should be warned or banned

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/12/10 at 9:04 pm

if they post another let me know and I'll add them to the kill list.

Oh, BTW, please don't use the message report function on amIright to report bad parodies.

Subject: Re: Another song that should be removed; author should be warned or banned

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 02/12/10 at 9:16 pm

Oh, BTW, please don't use the message report function on amIright to report bad parodies.

My mistake, sorry. I've hardly ever reported a song for deletion before, and so didn't know the format, but those racial and religious epithets were too much.

Verifying, is this the right part of the board to report them, or is there another place -- maybe a specific topic -- for it? Thanks.

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/13/10 at 7:39 am

My mistake, sorry. I've hardly ever reported a song for deletion before, and so didn't know the format, but those racial and religious epithets were too much.

Verifying, is this the right part of the board to report them, or is there another place -- maybe a specific topic -- for it? Thanks.

there's a couple threads started for reporting them on inthe00s.  doesn't matter which one you use

Check for new replies or respond here...