inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Parody comment spam

Written By: kilgore523 on 03/22/10 at 2:24 pm

The comment below is another example of the parody comment spam that trolls seem to bombard the comment section of Airfarcewon's parody of "The Bare Necessities" from the movie "The Jungle Book" with. I don't know why people have singled out this parody, a funny little ditty about beer, to sell things totally unrelated like Ugg boots and hair straighteners, among other things I've seen on that parody from time to time.  ::)

Here's the comment:
" "The Beer Necessities," Airfarcewon parody of "The Bare Necessities,"From movie: The Jungle Book, Comment by GHD Hair Straighteners Report this comment
As we know,GHD Stylers are so welcome to women and girl on the worth.Recently GHD have appeared many kinds.Such as CHI Flat Irons,which include many stylers.The best CHI Hair Straightener on the market and preferred by top hair stylists around the world, CHI 2 inch Turbo Flat Iron, smoothes and tames frizzy or rebellious hair for long-lasting results.The Chi hair straightener is ideal, since it is nice and compact and fits easily into an overnight bag.And all kinds GHD style you buy,we will mate the bags,such as GHD MK4.It will convenient for you to carry.No more trips with frizzy hair. Now you can have a sleek, professional look, no matter where you are. For any business person or frequent traveler, this GHD IV Purple Styler is just the thing to make looking good on the road easy. "

I thought there was a section about parody comment spam here at one time, but I couldn't find it in all 17 pages of this forum, so if anyone else finds spam in a parody comment section, this might be a good place for reporting it.  :)

Andria

Subject: Re: Parody comment spam

Written By: kilgore523 on 03/16/11 at 9:03 pm

Bump, since I encountered a parody with almost nothing in the comments but spam. Can't these half-wit spammers see that no URLs, links or code are allowed, assuming they're not bots?  ::)

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/simpleplan63.shtml

Andria

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/17/11 at 7:48 am

Bump, since I encountered a parody with almost nothing in the comments but spam. Can't these half-wit spammers see that no URLs, links or code are allowed, assuming they're not bots?  ::)

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/simpleplan63.shtml

Andria

those were quite spread out... surprised they were missed each time.  once a spammer finds a page like that, which is allowing spam to build up, they start hitting it harder.

Written By: kilgore523 on 03/18/11 at 3:08 pm

Cool... thanks. Didn't know how that worked.  :)

Andria

Written By: Max Power on 05/03/11 at 12:11 pm

In my case it wasn't exactly spam but the guy who calls himself "?" have been stalking me for sometime.

Some of the comments lately have went over the line when he compared me to Osama.

Honestly what's up with him?

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/03/11 at 1:44 pm

In my case it wasn't exactly spam but the guy who calls himself "?" have been stalking me for sometime.

Some of the comments lately have went over the line when he compared me to Osama.

Honestly what's up with him?

It's an honor that he's decided you're worth devoting rent-free space in his head for something you've written.  Kind of like Wil Wheaton and Sheldon on Big Bang Theory.

Written By: Max Power on 05/03/11 at 2:23 pm

It's an honor that he's decided you're worth devoting rent-free space in his head for something you've written.  Kind of like Wil Wheaton and Sheldon on Big Bang Theory.

Come to think of it, maybe.

Although I do wish that he could stop unabombing my parodies.

At least my parodies will each get at least one comment. ;D

Written By: Max Power on 05/18/11 at 8:05 am

Regarding the commenter "?", who do you think it could be?

What he posted seemed to indicates that he has personal problems with me and I don't even know him.

For few years he's been doing this.

Check for new replies or respond here...