inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: No update today, August 27, 2010?

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 08/27/10 at 4:05 pm

When will songs submitted last night for today post?

Also, what is the intention for the Labor Day holiday and weekend as far as which days will have updates? Thanks.

Subject: Re: No update today, August 27, 2010?

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/28/10 at 8:04 am

When will songs submitted last night for today post?

Also, what is the intention for the Labor Day holiday and weekend as far as which days will have updates? Thanks.

weird, I totally forgot to do an update yesterday.  I've been kind of out of it all week long, so I guess I should be glad that's the only day I forgot to do it.

I'll do an update Monday.  I don't want to do it today, because some people don't like it when I do a Saturday update when I normally don't.

I do intended to do an update on Labor Day, the usual M-F routine.

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 08/28/10 at 7:25 pm

Thanks. I agree with not doing a Saturday or Sunday update: Because they're not a usual thing, readers don't expect them; hence, it would draw very few visitors. Monday works.

Thanks also for the Labor Day schedule.

Umm, could I suggest a paper or electronic tickler each weekday? "Update AIR submissions". Being a confirmed ADD-lebrain and AIR-head myself, I find such things invaluable.  ;)

(Here's a tickler idea: If you have a personal or other non-server computer that you shut off at night and boot in the morning, call this Update.bat and drop ii in the Startup folder, in Win, or whatever file type and location would correspond in Mac or *nix:)

@echo off
echo UPDATE AIR SUBMISSIONS MONDAY-FRIDAY !!!
pause

Now, you *have to* click through that to make it go away....  8)

Written By: Matthias on 08/30/10 at 4:42 pm

There wasn't an update for Monday either? So when is this update going to be done? Tomorrow I hope

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 08/30/10 at 6:25 pm

@ ChuckyG: Are you OK? *Seriously*

You know that everyone here is very fond of you and grateful for this wonderful website, self included. If you are ill or have severe personal or family issues, *we care*.
No need to divulge any details, unless you wish to, but this writer, for one, is becoming quite concerned, especially since you said that you were "out of it" all of last week.
Please let us know that you are OK and that this was just another memory lapse (I have them all the time), or if not, accept our good wishes for a favorable outcome of whatever.

I've accumulated a fair number of parodies that I've been working on more or less simultaneously for the past couple of weeks, but won't submit any until we know that things are back to normal. That's not important; what's important is to know if you are OK.

Warmest wishes,
Tommy

Written By: Matthias on 08/30/10 at 7:22 pm

If there's no updates for tomorrow I'll be scared, I'm a bit worried now seeing that I posted a thread about this and there was no response and again no response to this one. I hope that Chucky's on vacation and forgot to leave somebody in charge or something like that (or perhaps having Internet difficulties) and that he's not sick or hurt in anyway.

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/30/10 at 9:51 pm

as I pointed out in the other thread I'm fine.  just wasn't on the Internet much today at all.

Check for new replies or respond here...