inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ChuckyG, are you OK?

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 08/30/10 at 6:31 pm

Full message here, but made a new topic to make it more conspicuous. Please read the message linked, and advise. Thanks.

Subject: Re: ChuckyG, are you OK?

Written By: snozberries on 08/30/10 at 8:17 pm

Full message here, but made a new topic to make it more conspicuous. Please read the message linked, and advise. Thanks.

I'm guessing a pm might have been just a tad bit more conspicuous.  ;D

hope everything's okay Chucky!

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/30/10 at 9:51 pm

I'm fine.  I went to a concert Sunday night and Monday was just a blur... I honestly don't remember anything I did this morning.  I realized I forgot to do an update about an hour ago.  I guess I should have done a Sat. update and then just skipped Monday altogether. I don't think I knew how late I would be up or how bad it would affect me the next day.

really no need for another thread, I check every thread with a new comment in this part of the site.

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 08/30/10 at 10:24 pm

I'm fine.  I went to a concert Sunday night and Monday was just a blur... I honestly don't remember anything I did this morning.  I realized I forgot to do an update about an hour ago.

Gotta watch what you eat/drink/smoke/snort/inhale at those concerts - they're dangerous places. Even second-hand "smoke". :wink:

I guess I should have done a Sat. update and then just skipped Monday altogether. I don't think I knew how late I would be up or how bad it would affect me the next day.
Nah, as I posted previously, a Sat. update, being unexpected, would have drawn very few visitors. ... oh, I get it: Those non-existent weekend visitors would look Monday, and think that that was the Monday update. (Other than the date, which probably few would have noticed.)

really no need for another thread, I check every thread with a new comment in this part of the site.

I DK that, but it was mostly for the benefit of others, who might not have seen the other thread -- e. g., not be subscribed to it, or not concerned about the lack of updates. Will keep that in mind for the future, though.

Subject: Re: Snozberries

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 08/30/10 at 10:27 pm

I'm guessing a pm might have been just a tad bit more conspicuous.  ;D

Is that sarcasm? I thought that the entire site would be interested, whichever way the answer went. Don't you?

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/30/10 at 10:41 pm

Gotta watch what you eat/drink/smoke/snort/inhale at those concerts - they're dangerous places. Even second-hand "smoke". :wink:

I know you're joking, but it costs so damn much for a single drink that I stuck to a single 10 once bottle of FOUR dollar water, which I only purchased because it was very hot and I feared getting a headache.  The modern rock concert experience, especially for a "retro" show like REO Speedwagon and Pat Benatar is such a  sterile and controlled environment that I'd be amazed if anything was consumed at all.  I don't mind it too much, since I generally don't drink and have never tried drugs (weird enough, thanks).  Still though...

despite a handful of hours of sleep, I'm totally awake now.  I barely put in fours at work today before I called it quits, and here I am now wide awake with no desire to sleep.  I almost fear a repeat of tomorrow. 

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 08/30/10 at 10:48 pm

despite a handful of hours of sleep, I'm totally awake now.  I barely put in fours at work today before I called it quits, and here I am now wide awake with no desire to sleep.  I almost fear a repeat of tomorrow. 

Guess those parodies that I have ready to go will never get posted...  ;D

I've been there and done that, too (what you said above). If your work can be done from home (you design and administer websites, or some other sw-related stuff, right?), do it now, while you're awake. When you feel sleepy later, Tuesday morning, do the Tuesday update, then you can sleep in as needed.  :)

Edit: (weird enough, thanks) ... We have something else in common!

Subject: Re: Snozberries

Written By: snozberries on 08/30/10 at 10:51 pm

Is that sarcasm? I thought that the entire site would be interested, whichever way the answer went. Don't you?

It was sarcasm. It's what I do.

Written By: nally on 08/31/10 at 4:27 pm

I'm fine.  I went to a concert Sunday night and Monday was just a blur... I honestly don't remember anything I did this morning.  I realized I forgot to do an update about an hour ago.  I guess I should have done a Sat. update and then just skipped Monday altogether. I don't think I knew how late I would be up or how bad it would affect me the next day.

Oh good. Glad you're doing fine. :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/31/10 at 6:16 pm

I'm glad he is well, but now all I got running thru my head is the song "Smooth Criminal" by Michael Jackson.  "Chucky are you ok, are you ok chucky?  You've been hit by a long night out."  ??? ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...