inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: One more request at retro-fixing a dollar-sign-bug-bitten parody

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 06/12/11 at 9:06 pm

Some time after the dollar-sign code bug was resolved in the code, and the parody in question retro-fixed, I think I asked about another parody with the same need for retro-fix, "California!", and my feeble brain seems to remember a response promised, although I can't immediately find that post by searching. (DK why not).

Anyway, I hate to be a PITA, but it reads nonsensically without the bug-bitten amounts being fixed. E. g.,

"... the richest *3%* of state taxpayers (those with tax returns showing over 0,000 yearly income)... " I think that's everyone.  ;) Should be "over $200,000", but the $ and first two digits were victims of the bug. One more example only:

"It also has the highest average high-tech salary, at 4,800/yr." That's below the poverty line.  ;) Should be "$144,800/yr."

Those are only two of a half-dozen or so in that parody, and *not* asking to hand-fix. IIRC, the deal was, I provide the HTML-encoded text with the fixes already in it, so it's just a copy-paste for you, hopefully taking no more than a minute or so. That is attached in the permitted forms of both .pdf and .txt - hope this is really easy to do.

I think there was one more song affected out of the 530 posted, but lost track of it at the moment. (ADD). If this is really an easy copy/paste for you, will do the same when next I come across the other. Many, many thanks.

Subject: Re: One more request at retro-fixing a dollar-sign-bug-bitten parody

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/18/11 at 9:11 am

OK.  I think it's all set now.  the txt version was all I needed.

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 06/18/11 at 6:27 pm

Perfect, thanks.  (karma)

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/19/11 at 5:26 pm

Perfect, thanks.  (karma)

sorry it took so long.  been super lazy

Check for new replies or respond here...