inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mentioning parody comment preview capability again

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 07/30/11 at 6:40 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=43998.msg2708795#msg2708795

<snip>A good opportunity to bring up something that's been requested by a number of readers on several occasions: If you're poking into the comment code anyway, how about adding the capability to preview comments, just as we currently preview submissions and get to fix typos, etc. Would be a boon for us poor typists, especially those with flippers for hands. >grin<; make comments easier to understand (without typos, etc.), and reduce the number of times someone has to append a comment to their comment, to correct the first one. I'm sure a search will show support expressed by many -- perfect time to do it, while you're under the hood anyway. <snip>

I can probably do a preview easily enough... I just need to make some time.  I think this week might be good for me.  trying to finish up a personal project this week (my mp3 collection stuff) and so I should be able to focus a little more once that's out of the way.

Any chance of this happening, or do we have to wait for Congress to fix the budget first?  ;D  - j/k, I know you're busy. But it would be so cool!

Subject: Re: Mentioning parody comment preview capability again

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/02/11 at 9:25 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=43998.msg2708795#msg2708795

Any chance of this happening, or do we have to wait for Congress to fix the budget first?  ;D  - j/k, I know you're busy. But it would be so cool!

Congress beat me it appears... I need to stop putzing around with my mp3 collection and focus on the websites again.  Top of my list is a replacement for the image captcha stuff, so I'll probably work on this at the same time. Not likely to be this month, but most likely will be in September.

Subject: Re: Mentioning parody comment preview capability again

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 08/02/11 at 10:30 pm

Congress beat me it appears... I need to stop putzing around with my mp3 collection and focus on the websites again.  Top of my list is a replacement for the image captcha stuff, so I'll probably work on this at the same time. Not likely to be this month, but most likely will be in September.

A sure sign that things are really bad is when the US Congress can get something done faster than you can... >lol<

Parody idea, up for grabs (I'm not going to do it)

"See You In September"  .... first recorded by the Tempos; #3 hit for The Happenings in 1966
"Preview In September"  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...