inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Razorblade Brunettes Back Again?

Written By: kilgore523 on 09/24/11 at 2:15 am

He/she/it/they have returned as "A Room Full of Spectacles", have been admitting to being banned from AIR in some of their parodies, and are under the impression that just their username is banned when one is banned from a site. I have no idea what they are talking about as far as AIR's "rules of the name", hopefully CG or another administrator of AIR can clarify this... there is also a sarcastic direct hit at me ("Lotz of luv from Andria") when I was telling it like it is in comments to some of their parodies, they think I am saying bad things about the author and their parodies when I am not.  ::)
http://www.amiright.com/parody/authors/roomfullofspectacles.shtml

http://www.amiright.com/parody/misc/radiohead5.shtml
I was banned from Amiright under 'Razorblade Brunettes' but I weren't banned under 'Karl Hook Willers', so apologies for that Andria Due to Amiright's rules of the name 'Razorblade Brunettes' you're supposed to do 1 parody under that alias then go and do another one in 6 months Lotz of luv from Andria PS. 2 parodies to go from 'Razorblade Brunettes'

http://www.amiright.com/parody/misc/crashtestdummies1.shtml
i have to point to Andria that yes, when i was under the moniker Razorblade Brunettes, i was banned? in my early days of Amiright we were even allowed to do full parodies of hits before they're blocked us blocking is because you're supposed to do one comedy song

Andria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Up Yours - September 24, 2011 - Report this comment
thanks Andria, but hey where are you from? are you British, Mancunian, or American and did you like Oasis

Last comment is a direct attack at me with just the commenter name alone. The anger towards me that all the exclamation points implies is far worse than the numerous comments by someone going under the name "Andria Sucks" during the political flamewar problems in 2009 (all deleted now). I am a nice person to those who are civil toward other authors and commenters and to Chucky G, but not to trolls and ban evaders. This guy appears to be both, with the questions about my nationality & the band "Oasis" and the rambling in the other comments being obvious trolling.

Is there anything that can be done (I am not requesting a ban of "RFS" though, since that is against the rules and totally unacceptable on top of that), or is RB right about the "rules of the name"? Other ban-evading former AIR parody-writers or suspects of such have been quiet lately, but RB/RFS has not...  ???

Andria

Subject: Re: Razorblade Brunettes Back Again?

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 09/25/11 at 5:41 pm

Agree with Andria about banning someone who admits openly that he changed names after being banned.

@ Andria: The first song linked, especially, should be deleted for consisting of hate speech. Could you report it in that thread (Admins - Parody Should Be Deleted), perhaps quoting or linking to your larger-scale post here? ?

Written By: kilgore523 on 09/25/11 at 7:40 pm

Agree with Andria about banning someone who admits openly that he changed names after being banned.

@ Andria: The first song linked, especially, should be deleted for consisting of hate speech. Could you report it in that thread (Admins - Parody Should Be Deleted), perhaps quoting or linking to your larger-scale post here? ?

Definitely. They did the same with all the other banned authors, so why not ban someone who openly admits to ban evasion?

Going to post the Radiohead parody in the parody should be deleted thread now...

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/26/11 at 11:14 am

I never removed all their old crap, which I should have.  So I did that today, removed the new stuff and will be adding their IPs as they crop up.  I did see their new stuff the last week or two, but figured I'd give them a second chance.  They of course proved my philosophy of "once a troublemaker, always a troublemaker" which is why bans are permanent.  There won't be any more chances for them at this point.

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 09/26/11 at 11:38 pm

I never removed all their old crap, which I should have.  So I did that today, removed the new stuff and will be adding their IPs as they crop up.

Good for you -- and good for the site.

I did see their new stuff the last week or two, but figured I'd give them a second chance.  They of course proved my philosophy of "once a troublemaker, always a troublemaker" which is why bans are permanent.  There won't be any more chances for them at this point.

IMHO, the only ones who deserve a second chance are those who truly apologize for what they did in the first place. But the kind of people you describe almost never do.

Check for new replies or respond here...