inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tommy Turtle, the Hollywood Movie Producer?

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 01/15/12 at 2:08 am

You'd think one TT would be enough for the planet (or more than enough to some, lol), but stumbled on an IMDb listing for a Tommy Turtle who is a co-producer or executive producer on some number of films, including 2011's "Immortals", and "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (2008).

No relation, no connection, and a bit of a coincidence that AIR's TT had a modest acting career (but not under that name, lol).
DK why a producer would use a pseudonym; most are anxious to add to their credits. (Or it's his real name? -- OMG! )

I'd accuse him of ripping off TT, but his credits under that name go back to 2000. Hope he doesn't accuse me  ;) -- had never heard of him until today.

At the message board for the other TT's IMDb page, a reader asked about who that Turtle was, with a rather nice title to the post: "Kick Butt Name?"  ;D (This turtle replied.)

@ ChuckyG:
I see the SMF 2.02 got installed! Kudos!

And while I haven't been commenting very often for a while, you would not *believe* how helpful that "Comment Preview" feature has been. Double kudos!  8)

Subject: Re: Tommy Turtle, the Hollywood Movie Producer?

Written By: karen on 01/15/12 at 9:36 am

Is it possible it is an industry pseudonym like Alan Smithee?

Subject: Re: Tommy Turtle, the Hollywood Movie Producer?

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 01/15/12 at 7:03 pm

Is it possible it is an industry pseudonym like Alan Smithee?

Perhaps, but "Alan Smithee" is a lot more plausible for a movie producer than "Tommy Turtle". >wink<

Of course, some readers here find TT implausible -- he often finds himself implausible, LOL -- but at least its a known comedic/satiric/parody site, where some of the nicks are puns themselves. Seemed strange for a movie producer, no?

Turns out that there's a (fictional) movie about a guy actually named Alan Smithee, who comes to Hollywood to direct a flic, then wants his name removed from it because the studio corrupted it, but can't, because the rules are that if he does, he has to use "Alan Smithee" as his pseudonym. Sounds like a hilarious premise -- must try to find that on DVD some day.

The fictional Allan Smithee's IMDb page lists 77 credits as director, plus 68 others in other categories -- writer, actor, producer, etc. "Tommy Turtle" has only 6 credits, one of them being for a movie to be released this year.

Thanks for the Smithee tip, though -- interesting trivia!

Check for new replies or respond here...