inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Site's copyrights need updating?

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 02/01/12 at 7:03 pm

Lots of more important things to take care of, certainly, but just noticed that Parody Submission Form, Submission Confirmation page, and the AIR Home page all have at the bottom:

Copyright 2000-2010.
by Charles R. Grosvenor Jr.

We certainly hope that those c's will last the rest of the century, but surely more of your own content was added in 2011-12?

Don't worry, no one else but me would ever notice. >wink<

Subject: Re: Site's copyrights need updating?

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/01/12 at 10:51 pm

yeah, I figured I'd wait until this year to do it... guess it's 2012 now, might as well go ahead and do it.

I need to add 2010 to a lot of forms on amIright as well.  annoying.

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 02/02/12 at 12:03 am

I need to add 2010 to a lot of forms on amIright as well.  annoying.

Yeah, if only time would stand still, there'd be a lot less work --- and I'd be a lot younger than I am. :sad:

While you're messing about with that stuff, the Parody Submission Form still has the warning by the decade-selection dropdown:

The 2010 decade option is listed, but untested. Let ChuckyG know if you intend on submitting one, and make sure to backup your work incase you need to resubmit.

After two years, is it still untested, and needs the warning? ... I wouldn't know, having never parodied anything more recent than ABBA >fossil< ... except for Christina Ag, but she was doing the National Anthem, also a "golden oldie". (no cheap plug-link - surprise.)

oops, if it isn't deleted, might as well add the missing space in "incase", or is "incase" now a common one-word portmanteau, like "backup" admittedly is? >wink<

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/02/12 at 8:24 am

Yeah, if only time would stand still, there'd be a lot less work --- and I'd be a lot younger than I am. :sad:

While you're messing about with that stuff, the Parody Submission Form still has the warning by the decade-selection dropdown:

After two years, is it still untested, and needs the warning? ... I wouldn't know, having never parodied anything more recent than ABBA >fossil< ... except for Christina Ag, but she was doing the National Anthem, also a "golden oldie". (no cheap plug-link - surprise.)

oops, if it isn't deleted, might as well add the missing space in "incase", or is "incase" now a common one-word portmanteau, like "backup" admittedly is? >wink<

yeah, someone sent me an email about that one last week and I realized I totally forgot to remove that warning.  I assume the 2010s stuff is working ok, or someone would have complained by now.

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/03/12 at 2:05 pm

I did clean up the dates yesterday... and changed the submission form as well. I haven't heard any complaints so I assume it's working ok.

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 02/04/12 at 5:39 am

I did clean up the dates yesterday... and changed the submission form as well. I haven't heard any complaints so I assume it's working ok.

Yep, it all looks good -- if this were a tech forum, I'd say to mark this as lol.

One more annoyance off the TODO list -- isn't that always a great feeling? >grin<

Gotta go now -- need to start working on my 2013 "Buddy Holly-Day The Music Died" tribute. > inside joke <

Check for new replies or respond here...