inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: [RESOLVED] Link destination changed drastically; need to remove link

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 02/21/12 at 7:56 pm

@ ChuckyG:

The outro to this parody from 2009 quite properly acknowledged use of registered trademarks, and of the ownership of such trademarks:

"Penthouse" and "Penthouse Pet" ® GMCI Internet Operations, Inc. (SFW; that's the copyright page only.)

Unfortunately, it was recently brought to my attention that the trademark-owner's site has changed, and that the linked destination is no longer the copyright-only page. It now consists entirely of NSFW material. I searched for the new copyright page in the hope that the link could be edited, but it seems that the legal notices of copyright, trademark, etc. are now mixed in on another page, also largely NSFW in content.

Therefore, when you get a moment, could you please remove the HTML link formatting from "GMCI Internet Operations, Inc.", leaving it as a text-only acknowledgement? Something like this:

"Penthouse" and "Penthouse Pet" ® GMCI Internet Operations, Inc. All else...." blah blah, stays the same. 
I would *never* knowingly link to such content; unfortunately; they didn't notify me of the change. lol. I have no interest in raising that site's SE rankings, and certainly not in having AIR link to any NSFW or age-restricted material.

In the meantime, I've posted a conspicuous comment at the parody about the change, and I apologize to any who may have been quite unintentionally offended. Fortunately, that's probably no one.  ;) Few read those outros, and even fewer, I''m sure, click on copyright-credit links.

Thanks.

Subject: Re: [RESOLVED] Link destination changed drastically; need to remove link

Written By: Tommy Turtle on 02/23/12 at 3:45 am

Thank you, ChuckyG.

Check for new replies or respond here...