inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lots of changes coming to amIright this year

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/25/12 at 9:46 pm

I'm working on a new design of the site. More "mobile" friendly, more Facebook friendly, a new front page of the site with less "old" stuff (like news sections that never update), and a new site logo.

I've been asked for a feature for parody authors to highlight their favorite parodies with a list, so that will be something that comes along one the site redesign is finished.  I'd like to also also parody authors to pick an album cover from amazon (or the parody cover section, or an image upload). 

If you have ideas for features, or stuff that just needs to be fixed, let me know.

I'd love to find some new editors to review the "abandoned" sections of amIright as well. Or maybe I should just retire more sections and prevent new submissions.

When I have a suitable mockup ready, I'll post a link to it in this thread. 

Subject: Re: Lots of changes coming to amIright this year

Written By: thenewtattoo on 12/27/12 at 4:18 pm

I could do a better logo than what there currently is lol

Ive worked with Interscope for 7 years doing design as well as Sony Bmg

Written By: thenewtattoo on 12/27/12 at 4:19 pm

I'm working on a new design of the site. More "mobile" friendly, more Facebook friendly, a new front page of the site with less "old" stuff (like news sections that never update), and a new site logo.

I've been asked for a feature for parody authors to highlight their favorite parodies with a list, so that will be something that comes along one the site redesign is finished.  I'd like to also also parody authors to pick an album cover from amazon (or the parody cover section, or an image upload). 

If you have ideas for features, or stuff that just needs to be fixed, let me know.

I'd love to find some new editors to review the "abandoned" sections of amIright as well. Or maybe I should just retire more sections and prevent new submissions.

When I have a suitable mockup ready, I'll post a link to it in this thread.

but yeah excited for whats to come tho, remember the old lay out      the one now is such an upgrade

Written By: philbo on 01/16/13 at 9:47 am

Idea for a feature I had a while back, can't remember if I mentioned it: the option to set up an RSS feed for your favourite authors (without mentioning names, there's a few who post fairly infrequently these days, but are really worth reading when they do)

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/16/13 at 5:22 pm

Idea for a feature I had a while back, can't remember if I mentioned it: the option to set up an RSS feed for your favourite authors (without mentioning names, there's a few who post fairly infrequently these days, but are really worth reading when they do)

I'm sure I could do that...

I was making some good progress on a redesign, but got sick and had to put it aside.  Going to try and focus on it again soon.

Written By: philbo on 01/17/13 at 5:06 am

I'm sure I could do that...

I was making some good progress on a redesign, but got sick and had to put it aside.  Going to try and focus on it again soon.

:)

It's a bugger when you get sick so badly it knocks your work schedule out - I always find when that happens I get back to work with a slightly hazy memory of which bits I've done and which I haven't, which is even worse than not having done anything.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/26/13 at 9:22 pm

Latest Mockup

New logo... new site layout.  This is not a full front page layout, just some design elements so I have a small subset of a page to work with.  I still have some small design stuff to tweak and test, and coding stuff to clean up.  Then it'll probably take me the month of February to roll it out across the entire site. My wife Susan has been providing me with a ton of feedback on the logo, she's begging me for a t-shirt of it already.

It should work really nice on any device you throw at it like phones, tablets, standard browsers, even Internet Explorer. I plan on making it easier to share on Facebook and other sites of that nature.  I don't care much for them, but they apparently aren't going away anytime soon, so time to give in on that front.

Written By: philbo on 01/27/13 at 3:41 am

I'm almost getting nostalgic for the one that hasn't gone yet :)  It has been a very long time. quite unusually so for the internet.  But I do like the new design.

... even Internet Explorer.

;D

I plan on making it easier to share on Facebook and other sites of that nature.  I don't care much for them, but they apparently aren't going away anytime soon, so time to give in on that front.

FB has kind of hit critical mass: I don't really like the place, but pretty much have to have a presence there - there is a convenience, too, as nearly all the people I want/need to keep in touch with are there.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/27/13 at 5:34 pm

I'm almost getting nostalgic for the one that hasn't gone yet :)  It has been a very long time. quite unusually so for the internet.  But I do like the new design.

It was never meant to last this long, it was a quick job to get something I thought would work better on cell phones.  Now that I have a good phone for testing, it's obvious that it's lacking on small devices to some extent. I never really cared much for it to be honest.

FB has kind of hit critical mass: I don't really like the place, but pretty much have to have a presence there - there is a convenience, too, as nearly all the people I want/need to keep in touch with are there.

I figure at this point even if I don't do much Facebook stuff, at least the extra tags I add to the pages will be useful for other sites.  I assume other sites will read the "Facebook" meta data I plan on adding for thumbnail images and page descriptions.

Written By: wildcard on 01/27/13 at 5:42 pm

I myself don't do Facebook.  I tried it once an instantly new I was never going to like it.

Written By: nally on 01/27/13 at 11:40 pm

It was never meant to last this long, it was a quick job to get something I thought would work better on cell phones.  Now that I have a good phone for testing, it's obvious that it's lacking on small devices to some extent. I never really cared much for it to be honest.

I figure at this point even if I don't do much Facebook stuff, at least the extra tags I add to the pages will be useful for other sites.  I assume other sites will read the "Facebook" meta data I plan on adding for thumbnail images and page descriptions.

I haven't even seen much updates to the Amiright Facebook page lately; definitely not in the past year.

I myself don't do Facebook.  I tried it once an instantly new I was never going to like it.

Didn't you have an account there at one time or another?

Written By: wildcard on 01/28/13 at 12:28 pm

I haven't even seen much updates to the Amiright Facebook page lately; definitely not in the past year.

Didn't you have an account there at one time or another?

I signed in  to try it so yes. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/28/13 at 6:48 pm

there's only a couple people on it so I haven't been bothering to post on it.  Once I redesign the site, I'll be including a link to the page on the site so maybe more people will bother to follow it.

Check for new replies or respond here...