inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: amIright needs Editors. How do you become an editor? What does that even mean?

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/05/13 at 11:15 am

An Editor on amIright reviews the information submitted to amIright before it is posted onto the site.  Outside of comments, everything on amIright if seen by a human before being allowed onto the site. It is all done through a web page, so there is no software to installed. Most sections just require an editor to filter out spam (off topic, commercial ads, etc) and to disallow obscene or graphic content. A couple sections also require an editor to filter out "unfunny" submissions to prevent the section from being filled in with a lot of repetitive content. Editors should review their section every week or more often if possible.

Editors are volunteers, and are appointed by ChuckyG.  If you are interested in volunteering your time to help keep a section of amIright up to date, send me an email at: chuck@worcestermass.com

Sections that are available can be found on the front page of amIright.  They are sections that haven't been updated in 90 days.

Subject: Re: amIright needs Editors. How do you become an editor? What does that even mean?

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/27/15 at 4:18 pm

I would like to edit the categories that haven't been updated in nearly 2 years, if possible.

Subject: Re: amIright needs Editors. How do you become an editor? What does that even mean?

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/27/15 at 6:42 pm

I would like to edit the categories that haven't been updated in nearly 2 years, if possible.

sure.  once I get the site back online I'll set you up. 

Check for new replies or respond here...