inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I hate to be rude, but why does this site seem so... empty?

Written By: wixness on 11/03/15 at 2:23 pm

Does it have something to do with server costs? Does it have something to do with the low notoriety of the website in general? What are the implications on the staff of the website if this forum had much more users? I was surprised to find that there have only been, at most, a couple of hundred users online ever; I visited other web forums which were more active, which have at least more than 500 users online as far as I know. I feel like that this website deserves more attention because of how it looks at individual decades in depth, and this is something I want to be able to discuss.

Subject: Re: I hate to be rude, but why does this site seem so... empty?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/03/15 at 2:27 pm

Hey, wix. This is NewYorkEagle from Personality Cafe. Anyways, welcome to InThe00s. This website seems a bit empty because it seems obscure to most people on the Web. We also just talk about pop culture most of the time. So there's your short answer.

Written By: wixness on 11/03/15 at 2:29 pm

Hey, wix. This is NewYorkEagle from Personality Cafe. Anyways, welcome to InThe00s. This website seems a bit empty because it seems obscure to most people on the Web. We also just talk about pop culture most of the time. So there's your short answer.

Hi. And I thought that the Generations subforum was deserted  :\'(

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/03/15 at 2:39 pm

Hi. And I thought that the Generations subforum was deserted  :\'(

No, not really. Usually me, mqg96, ocarinafan96, mxcrashxm, EazyEMan1995 and some other 2000s kids for example occupy the 2000s subforum.

Written By: SpyroKev on 11/13/15 at 2:09 pm

I'm assuming the site's layout hasn't changed since it was first introduced. So that should be a major reason. When you see really updated sites like Tumblr, dated layouts just become difficult to look at.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 11/13/15 at 2:30 pm

I'm assuming the site's layout hasn't changed since it was first introduced. So that should be a major reason. When you see really updated sites like Tumblr, dated layouts just become difficult to look at.
It has a few times. Here are what the layouts looked like back then.

http://web.archive.org/web/20080225052214/http://www.inthe00s.com/

http://web.archive.org/web/20020922081406/http://inthe00s.com/

No, not really. Usually me, mqg96, ocarinafan96, mxcrashxm, EazyEMan1995 and some other 2000s kids for example occupy the 2000s subforum.
And others as well ;)

Written By: SpyroKev on 11/13/15 at 2:51 pm

And others as well ;)

I had no idea.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 11/13/15 at 3:01 pm

I had no idea.
Just looking at those pages, it makes the site much older than it is especially the 2008 one.

Written By: annimal on 11/14/15 at 4:48 pm

Doing layout changing usually confuses me to death.  It may be more quiet here, but I think there are a lot of great people here instead of a big place with a lot of losers. I joined here after becoming a parodist at Am I Right for some people to do a little more talking with and stuff. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/09/16 at 8:05 pm

Not today!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/09/16 at 9:03 pm

Not today!

It's just the same for today.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/09/16 at 9:09 pm

This site is empty because people are meditating.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQym3sS1NXqMvZx5yCgmcngIgftiC32dSn8OXnodZDohM5OgJfd

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/09/16 at 10:19 pm

This site is empty because people are meditating.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQym3sS1NXqMvZx5yCgmcngIgftiC32dSn8OXnodZDohM5OgJfd
... meditating on the future?

Written By: nally on 11/09/16 at 10:23 pm

I remember this look; it was the one I was accustomed to for the longest time. I was a member for its entire run.

And others as well ;)

And this, of course, was the old board, which I started to explore around late 2002/early 2003.

Written By: annimal on 11/09/16 at 10:27 pm

Lets see, I joined Am I Right in 20006 but came over here a little later

Written By: 80sfan on 11/09/16 at 10:29 pm

... meditating on the future?

Reach a piece of mind.

Written By: Elor on 11/12/16 at 11:47 am

What I find funny is that partas of the site don't seem to be maintained at all anymore. This part here hasn't been updated in years: http://www.inthe80s.com/dynamic/why107.shtml though it would be fun to read newer comments there.

Written By: annimal on 03/08/19 at 7:58 pm

Well I'm starting to see some stuff going on at the site again

Written By: cowboy on 03/08/19 at 8:26 pm

Ok, considering most people here focus on pop culture and music*, why doesn't someone promote InThe00s on pop music and  celebrity gossip forums? I no longer follow or post there, but Pop Justice is full of pop fans ready to crossover here.

*I try to put more discussions about cars and tech other than game consoles as they're constant fixtures of life. Hope you don't mind but let's not be like PJ haha! Cars totally change the look of  a city and you can tell an era on a photo by them. ;) Also many people basically grow up in cars.

Written By: annimal on 03/08/19 at 8:46 pm

car bosh huh!

Written By: aja675 on 03/09/19 at 3:13 am

Ok, considering most people here focus on pop culture and music*, why doesn't someone promote InThe00s on pop music and  celebrity gossip forums? I no longer follow or post there, but Pop Justice is full of pop fans ready to crossover here.

*I try to put more discussions about cars and tech other than game consoles as they're constant fixtures of life. Cars totally change the look of  a city and you can tell an era on a photo by them. ;)
Oh, I had to read this thread a second time because I was on that forum too and wanted to make sure I read your post right, but I was banned for the dumbest reason: when my Internet went slow, I accidentally repeated a post a couple of times because I thought I didn't post it yet.  :o

Written By: aja675 on 03/09/19 at 3:21 am

Ok, considering most people here focus on pop culture and music*, why doesn't someone promote InThe00s on pop music and  celebrity gossip forums?
Kii I wouldn't want that. I have said all kinds of things here about the people from some (admittedly obscure) pop forum. Maybe it in itself is obscure, but making this site popular among pop forum people would still heighten the chance of those people finding out.  :o ;D

Written By: cowboy on 03/09/19 at 4:55 am

Yeah but if this forum closes due to lack of funds or popularity?  :-\\
I fear that decades of discussions might get deleted...

I like reading old threads from 5-15 years back and see how we all experienced the then current pop culture.

Btw, I noticed a trend in many people to miss eras they used to hate. Many of us here hated 2005-2013 era Disney Channel and High School Musical due to overexposure....honestly I think it was quite good compared to now. Anyway, this board needs promotion in other sites. If TheCarLounge where they only talk about cars is so active in the post-Fb world, a web forum about pop culture in general is not a thing of the past. :)

Written By: aja675 on 03/09/19 at 5:37 am

BTW, what's your username on Popjustice?

Written By: aja675 on 03/09/19 at 6:39 am

Kii I wouldn't want that. I have said all kinds of things here about the people from some (admittedly obscure) pop forum. Maybe it in itself is obscure, but making this site popular among pop forum people would still heighten the chance of those people finding out.  :o ;D
For the record, I failed to elaborate something: many of the things I said on this forum about them were embarrassingly, um, intimate.  ;D

Written By: cowboy on 03/09/19 at 8:15 am

BTW, what's your username on Popjustice?

I've long forgotten lol. Maybe I should chose a unique username and stick to it. :D

Written By: aja675 on 03/09/19 at 8:56 am

Also, were you deep enough into that forum's culture to know what "kii" is?  :D ;D

Written By: cowboy on 03/09/19 at 9:38 am

Nope. But I remember "bop". ;D
I try to stay away from celebrity gossip and that's why I quit because sometimes they'd post TMI. I enjoy music more without indulging too much in artists' personal lives. :)

Written By: annimal on 03/09/19 at 10:39 am

opps think I have one to many 0's in my post

Written By: aja675 on 03/10/19 at 6:59 am

Nope. But I remember "bop". ;D
I try to stay away from celebrity gossip and that's why I quit because sometimes they'd post TMI. I enjoy music more without indulging too much in artists' personal lives. :)
Kinda random, but I do like to look back on this post of mine a lot  :D ;D: https://forum.popjustice.com/threads/elliott-yamin-wait-for-you.3538/#post-6266278

Written By: TheGipper on 10/27/19 at 12:50 am

This site had a ton of action 12-15 years ago.

Unfortunately it does appear to be a ghost town but that can be said for most forums today. Social media dominates the internet today.

I wish I had never left. So many awesome people here back in the day. Some(most?) of them are probably dead as I know there were many active members at the time much older than me (I'm 44).

I was agoraphobic whacko back in the day.

Written By: TheGipper on 10/27/19 at 1:02 am

I just checked the main forum statistics. My favorite member back then, Maxwell Smart, hasn't logged in since 2015....snozberries since 2016....

Looks like whistledog, Howard, Cat, and a couple others are still hanging in there.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/27/19 at 1:17 am

I just checked the main forum statistics. My favorite member back then, Maxwell Smart, hasn't logged in since 2015....snozberries since 2016....

Looks like whistledog, Howard, Cat, and a couple others are still hanging in there.
Welcome back!

Yes, nally, CatwomanofV, Don Carlos, and myself are still holding on. And yes, it is not the same as before.

Written By: TheGipper on 10/27/19 at 1:44 am

Philip! How did I not name-drop you? You were the most active member back then.

I just remembered someone else....

Tia. He had a fixation on that child actress.

Where does the time go?

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/27/19 at 1:59 am

Philip! How did I not name-drop you? You were the most active member back then.

I just remembered someone else....

Tia. He had a fixation on that child actress.

Where does the time go?
We do not see much of Tia now.

Written By: TheGipper on 10/27/19 at 2:05 am

I'll say another thing about the drop in activity over the years...

I don't know how much fallout there was but focusing on politics had to be a mistake.

This was a place where people logged in to sit back, relax, and go down memory lane.

A hyper-partisan environment is the exact opposite of that. I remember jumping into some of those discussions and realizing, why am I doing this here? There's a million political forums.

Written By: TheGipper on 10/27/19 at 3:28 am

I just remembered another...

Marty Mcfly.

Just  checked....hasn't been online in 9 years.

Damn.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/27/19 at 4:28 am

I'll say another thing about the drop in activity over the years...

I don't know how much fallout there was but focusing on politics had to be a mistake.

This was a place where people logged in to sit back, relax, and go down memory lane.

A hyper-partisan environment is the exact opposite of that. I remember jumping into some of those discussions and realizing, why am I doing this here? There's a million political forums.
Other forms of online social media and social networking services have taken over. Personally I am losing interest in FB (still use Messenger for it is useful), and I feel that I am not alone in that feeling.

Written By: annimal on 10/27/19 at 9:53 am

I just ended up coming here after writing some parodies.  Never went to FB

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/27/19 at 4:41 pm

I use Facebook, but a lot less than I used to - I don't trust FB so much these days.  For me personally, I think my activity on here has gone up lately rather than gone down.  But part of that is playing games.

Written By: annimal on 10/27/19 at 11:02 pm

I mentioned parodies and yes the parody site I use to write in regularly is mentioned here

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/28/19 at 8:46 am

I use Facebook, but a lot less than I used to - I don't trust FB so much these days.  For me personally, I think my activity on here has gone up lately rather than gone down.  But part of that is playing games.
Of course, when on FB avoid those linked pages that as you to log in again, they are potential hackers wishing to gain info.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/28/19 at 9:25 am

Of course, when on FB avoid those linked pages that as you to log in again, they are potential hackers wishing to gain info.
I have seen so many of my FB friends asking to be friends again, where it can be my true friend starting afresh after been hacked, or the hackers themselves trying to do their bit. So until proven I next click to be friends again.

Written By: annimal on 10/28/19 at 10:10 am

there use to be some games around here and I use to play them.  Guess they had to be removed for some reason

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/28/19 at 5:56 pm

there use to be some games around here and I use to play them.  Guess they had to be removed for some reason
The Arcade seems to be still available.

Written By: annimal on 10/28/19 at 6:23 pm

I don't have the flash player I have to have.  You didn't use to have to have this flash player to play the games.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/28/19 at 6:40 pm

I don't have the flash player I have to have.  You didn't use to have to have this flash player to play the games.
The same with me, and thank you, I could not remember the name of Flash Player.

Written By: annimal on 10/28/19 at 11:37 pm

Well this is why I don't play here any more and found me a spider solitaire game when I want to play something because it doesn't need a flash player and it's free!

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/29/19 at 3:28 am

Well this is why I don't play here any more and found me a spider solitaire game when I want to play something because it doesn't need a flash player and it's free!
I only involve myself with one game on my mobile phone "Candy Crush Saga", and it is free to play.

Written By: annimal on 10/31/19 at 3:41 pm

wonder if  wixness is around?

Written By: annimal on 10/31/19 at 3:45 pm

there she is

Check for new replies or respond here...