inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Request to contributors

Written By: Brian Kelly on 12/28/17 at 10:13 am

Before you submit something to a section, could you please be sure what you're submitting is not already there? I personally do not accept duplicate entries if I can help it. (The Misheard Lyrics section is too big to be sure.)

Subject: Re: Request to contributors

Written By: nally on 12/28/17 at 6:18 pm

Before you submit something to a section, could you please be sure what you're submitting is not already there? I personally do not accept duplicate entries if I can help it.

Good advice to submitters (although I don't know how many of them actually visit the site here). I have periodically come across entries that I know are duplicates. If, perchance, something actually gets through, then I go in and delete one of the dupes.

(The Misheard Lyrics section is too big to be sure.)

So true. There are lots of duplicates in there that I spot. And for the past ten years, I have been editing the existing entries, checking to see how many phrases are in there more than once for the same line. (For example, "I Love Cecille" for the Go-Gos' "Our Lips Are Sealed.) In such cases, I send the duplicate entries for deletion.

Check for new replies or respond here...