inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Guess what's wrong on this misheard lyrics page

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/12/18 at 6:54 pm

http://www.amiright.com/misheard/artist/joelbilly.shtml

I got an ad warning that:

Threatens or advocates for harm on oneself or others;

Harasses, intimidates or bullies an individual or group of individuals;

Incites hatred against, promotes discrimination of, or disparages an individual or group on the basis of their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or other characteristic that is associated with systemic discrimination or marginalization.

I can't identify anything like that myself...

Subject: Re: Guess what's wrong on this misheard lyrics page

Written By: nally on 04/12/18 at 7:13 pm

Hmmm, doesn't seem to do that on my browser. In fact I don't see any bad ads there at the moment.

Written By: karen on 04/13/18 at 4:19 am

Knowing how sensitive some Americans I've met can be I can identify a few lyrics on here that comes under these categories.

In All About Soul the misheard lyric is She's got to be struck which could be interpreted as advocating violence towards women

In Allentown it talks about throwing the American flag in someone's face (which some might be offended by), and this has been misheard variously as flashed in our face and ripped a flag in our face.

Lots of people mishear Honesty as sodomy...

In It's Still Rock and Roll To Me lots of people mishear Beau Brummel as bull Brahma which might offend Hindus

And that's as far as I've got

Written By: nally on 04/13/18 at 9:47 am

Knowing how sensitive some Americans I've met can be I can identify a few lyrics on here that comes under these categories.

In All About Soul the misheard lyric is She's got to be struck which could be interpreted as advocating violence towards women

In Allentown it talks about throwing the American flag in someone's face (which some might be offended by), and this has been misheard variously as flashed in our face and ripped a flag in our face.

Lots of people mishear Honesty as sodomy...

Lots of people mishear "(in)side of me" that way too, and that phrase appears in many different songs.

In It's Still Rock and Roll To Me lots of people mishear Beau Brummel as bull Brahma which might offend Hindus

And that's as far as I've got

that's interesting... maybe that's what might have generated the aforementioned "ad warning" yesterday.

Check for new replies or respond here...