inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Am I Banned?

Written By: Arch Vile on 11/19/18 at 2:54 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any delay when it comes to a parody I submitted last week.  Is there anything from the guidelines I have violated which is keeping me banned from submitting further parodies?  Is there some confusion because I submitted Human Sunset twice and further clarification is needed?  It would help me out if there was some kind of explanation.

Subject: Re: Am I Banned?

Written By: karen on 11/20/18 at 11:34 am

Since it was a holiday weekend there may just be a delay while Chucky G catches up with all the submissions.

You could go to amiright.com and click on the 'about us' link on the right hand side to find out how to contact Chucky (website owner) and ask him. Make sure to give your e-mail a title that mentions amiright

Written By: Dude111 on 11/21/18 at 1:00 am

Welcome to the site my friend!

I hope your thanksgiving is g00d :)

Written By: Arch Vile on 11/23/18 at 9:44 am

You're actually a little late as I am with my reply.  I had my Thanksgiving last month.

Written By: nally on 11/23/18 at 12:56 pm

You're actually a little late as I am with my reply.  I had my Thanksgiving last month.

You must be in Canada then. :) (I happen to know that Canada observes Thanksgiving on 2nd Monday of October, which is Columbus Day in the US.)

Written By: Arch Vile on 11/23/18 at 7:15 pm

That is right.

Written By: Dude111 on 11/24/18 at 7:34 pm

Im sorry buddy....

I have a friend who moved to Canada in August..... I wonder if he had it in October also??

Written By: Arch Vile on 11/24/18 at 8:10 pm

Since it was a holiday weekend there may just be a delay while Chucky G catches up with all the submissions.

You could go to amiright.com and click on the 'about us' link on the right hand side to find out how to contact Chucky (website owner) and ask him. Make sure to give your e-mail a title that mentions amiright

Well the response I got back from Chucky G was that he rejects parodies that are 10 lines or less.  I find that answer acceptable since Vera from the Wall is less than 10 lines.  I will combine two songs on my next submission, that should cover the minimum.

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/28/18 at 10:07 am

Well the response I got back from Chucky G was that he rejects parodies that are 10 lines or less.  I find that answer acceptable since Vera from the Wall is less than 10 lines.  I will combine two songs on my next submission, that should cover the minimum.

Aha, yes...I have often combined 2 parodies on one page for that very same reason. You can put some of your narrative exposition in between the two--but even if you don't, do make a space in between the stanzas for visual appeal.

Check for new replies or respond here...