inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Updating Parody Author Information

Written By: Arch Vile on 03/14/19 at 10:44 am

I don't know if I am exaggerating on this delay or not.  I have sent an e-mail over a week ago requesting that my parody author information be updated.  I was specific on the details and the URL of the website connected to my name.  For some reason the updated information has not be shown.  Any reason for this?  Did I miss some information when it comes to submitting a request to update?

Subject: Re: Updating Parody Author Information

Written By: Arch Vile on 03/22/19 at 10:55 pm

Ok.  Since the original e-mail I sent to Chuck won't work.  Here is the details i wanted changed  >:( >:( >:(:

Here is the URL: http://www.amiright.com/parody/authors/authorInfo.php?authorFile=archvile

Here is the information: "Hello there all.  As one of many known enemies from the Doom franchise, it can get to be cumbersome to raise the dead from other hell demons.  This outlet for creativity is my means of taking away from the stress of it all.  On the living surface I go by Dave, residing in Ontario, Canada.  If you feel that I have been too "Vile"ant with my subject matter, or that your want to request collaborative efforts to move my repertoire of rhapsodies forward, I can be reached on twitter @vile_arch.  (I am too lazy to change it).  Skype chats are also available under my namesake.  Arrange via comment under a song or twitter as you see fit.

Take the humour as you will, there is more room for one more schill.  Where bad news dwells, I hear hell's bells, and Arch Vile will prepare the grill." 

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/23/19 at 3:29 pm

Hmmm. I don't know why Chuck or another admin did not resolve this issue. Chuck does not come to the website every day, for one thing. Perhaps another thing is something in your bio that sounds illicit or some such issue. Or maybe he doesn't like you, or doesn't care, or you got spam-filtered. I can't say what.  :-\\

But, it should be noted that any such author bio would be placed here:
http://www.amiright.com/parody/authors/archvile.shtml

and not at the location you linked above.

Chuck is a reasonably approachable guy from my previous e-messaging with him. Maybe you could try emailing him one last time from that link ((http://www.chuckyg.com/contact.shtml ) --be sure you include what its about in the subject line , as long as it's polite and forthcoming (and maybe not even mention that it's your third time trying, it might sound whiny).

Good luck.

Written By: Arch Vile on 04/27/19 at 9:07 am

Ok Ag.  I have sent the information to update my author profile.  I treated this e-mail as my first time making this request.  I will wait patiently for the expected change.  What baffles me is that I did not get any feedback, regarding whether I provided too much contact information in the previous instances.  I was trying to balance it out so as not to be too vague.  If Chuck (or an admin) thought that my songs would suggest death threats or spam on my Twitter account, I can handle that.  I would have been more than happy to edit my information, as to what not to put in author bios.  Some kind of explanation would have helped. :)

Btw, I do notice that you frequently request songs be banned from AmIRight.  I can respect that you didn't try to get any of my songs banned, despite the subject manner. :)

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/22/19 at 8:31 am

Btw, I do notice that you frequently request songs be banned from AmIRight.  I can respect that you didn't try to get any of my songs banned, despite the subject manner. :)

The only reasons I request bans are:  1. personal attacks (on me or anyone else), as well as implied violence towards a certain group of people. 2. overtly sexual nature (innuendo is fine, though  :D) 3. "parodies" that are not parodies (changing very few or none of the original lyrics). 4. Plagiarism, or a parody produced outside of AIR (as per my most recent). 5. Fragments (a few lines--like 3 or 4--instead of an entirely written song. The rules state there should be at least 10 lines minimally).

If you skim through the "should be banned" thread, the links to parodies that Admins did remove have been replaced by randomly selected specially written parodies about 404 Errors. :)

Written By: Arch Vile on 05/26/19 at 7:11 pm

Tick! Tick! Tick! Tick!  :(  Tick! Tick! Tick! Tick! as Cenk Ungur from The Young Turks would say.  I am still not seeing any new details or any kind of response for my parody author information being updated.  I really don't want to have to denigrate the AIR website for being this lazy from site Admins around this.  If I have to re-enter the information you can tell me through this thread.

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/30/19 at 8:48 am

I am not an admin, but I want to try to help you out.

Are you still trying to add or change things (that you showed upthread) to http://www.amiright.com/parody/authors/archvile.shtml ?

Written By: Arch Vile on 06/12/19 at 1:38 pm

I am not an admin, but I want to try to help you out.

Are you still trying to add or change things (that you showed upthread) to http://www.amiright.com/parody/authors/archvile.shtml ?

No.  There is nothing that has changed upthread to the link.

Check for new replies or respond here...