inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Gonna be leaving AmIRight for a while

Written By: Dylan Baranski on 08/28/20 at 6:35 pm

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. It is with a heavy heart that I am announcing that I'll be leaving AmIRight temporarily. See, the thing is, ever since I returned to parody writing in 2016, I was disheartened to discover the existence of an anonymous cabal whose main purpose is to 1-bomb parodies that criticize "President" Donald Trump. It saddens me that this is a thing nowadays when similar criticism of George W. Bush was seemingly tolerated back when I started off as a parody writer. What's worse is that my Trump parodies - which, I might add, only constitute a fraction of my parody portfolio - get so much crap and my apolitical stuff is virtually ignored. Granted, I realize AmIRight's not as big as it once was, and I'm not doing this for the fame, but still, a little more recognition would be nice, especially considering I parodied "Bohemian Rhapsody" back near the end of June. Also, Hate Week really took a lot out of me. I may still pop in and do a parody for a special occasion like Halloween, but for the most part, don't expect anything new from me.

Before I close, I would like to say two things: 1. I'd like to give a shoutout to callmelennie - or CML for short - who in spite of not agreeing with all of my political opinions, has not only respected me, but also enjoyed quite a few of my works. 2. I should like to add that my parody portfolio is well over 300 by now, so you've got plenty from me to amuse yourselves.

Live long and prosper!

Check for new replies or respond here...