inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Don't know if I should report this commenter

Written By: ThaConqueror on 12/02/20 at 5:28 pm

A couple of recent parodies of mine ("Bop It, Pull It, Twist It, Kill It" and "Tornado") have had comments written under "the_conqueror_of_parodies" saying thanks for the comments other people have left. My feelings on this have been expressed in a comment that I left on the first one:

I mean, it says in my author page that "Due to reasons of "not wanting to type out my whole name as I didn't have/wasn't aware of the auto-recall feature at the time", I go by bobpiecheese in the comments." so someone's using my name. But on the other hand, they're just using it to write the kind of banal "thank you" comment that I always feel awkward writing because it's vague enough to feel insincere for some reason (probably the Asperger's, I dunno), so unless this ends up being a precursor to some hate comments, reporting it feels like it'd only feed that one troll who takes my previously-stated awkwardness as arrogance.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Subject: Re: Don't know if I should report this commenter

Written By: agrimorfee on 12/14/20 at 10:32 am

It is wrong for someone to be posting under someone else's screen name indeed, but I have no idea on  how to police that.  :-[

Check for new replies or respond here...