inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What a Band Is Best Known For

Written By: Brian Kelly on 03/06/21 at 8:42 pm

I recently got a submission for this section saying Lady Gaga is best known for the incident of her dog walker getting shot and her dogs getting kidnapped and later returned. I prefer not to list news items in this section since they usually aren't what's best known about the artist for that long. The section, as I interpret it, is for things that are universally best known about the artist, like the urban legend surrounding Phil Collins' "In The Air Tonight" or Prince changing his name to a symbol. Should I reject this submission?

Subject: Re: What a Band Is Best Known For

Written By: karen on 03/07/21 at 5:12 am

I recently got a submission for this section saying Lady Gaga is best known for the incident of her dog walker getting shot and her dogs getting kidnapped and later returned. I prefer not to list news items in this section since they usually aren't what's best known about the artist for that long. The section, as I interpret it, is for things that are universally best known about the artist, like the urban legend surrounding Phil Collins' "In The Air Tonight" or Prince changing his name to a symbol. Should I reject this submission?

I think I would reject that submission if I were editing the section. As you say, the intention is not for recent news items to appear.

Check for new replies or respond here...